Adoption Center Assistant Manager
Adoption | Killeen, TX | Full Time
If you’re looking for an opportunity to do work that really matters, where your personal drive and passion result in better lives for countless dogs and cats, then Texas Humane Heroes wants to hear from you! In this role, you’ll safely work with dogs and cats, keep them fresh and clean, and exhibit a positive and energetic attitude while sharing Texas Humane Heroes mission, vision and goals with the community.
This position is physical and requires light to medium lifting, so if you want to knock out your workout on the job, this may be the position for you. You’ll need to be able to work on the weekends when the most people visit our adoption center to adopt! On those busy days, the ability to prioritize, balance and manage multiple efforts is imperative to making the biggest impact. If you exhibit excellent leadership, organization and communication skills, your resume will move to the top! Medical or training experience is an added bonus that will make you stand out for the position.
- Adoption Counseling: Finding the best match for the home, conducting safe meet & greets and being able to resolve difficult situations calmly and effectively.
- Customer Care for Adoption Center: Engage and welcome each customer in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Adoption Center Branding: Be knowledgeable of current pricing, promotions, programs and events. Encourage and exhibit a positive, open culture.
Animal & Team Wellness
- Oversee daily operations of the kennel/cattery and assign kennel staff in accordance with policies, procedures,and safety standards.
- Manage staff on daily routines and maintaining high standards of care.
- Liaison with Program Vet Tech/Clinic for sick and wellness issues.
- Animal Inventory
- Maintain solid coordination and communications with team.
- Marketing: Providing Animal Bios, Pictures, Videos, and Kennel Cards
- Recruit, train and engage volunteers
- Work with cloud-based systems
- Follow open and close procedures for adoption center including daily revenue logs