Test Automation Developer
Product Development | Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada | Full Time
Teradici is the creator of the PCoIP remoting protocol technology and Cloud Access Software, the cutting edge solution for a cloud-ready future. The Company, founded in 2004 and based in Vancouver, Canada is focused on its core mission of seamless delivery of workstations and applications for end-users.
Teradici PCoIP® technology brings the next generation of secure remoting technology to the marketplace, enabling visualization of even the most graphics-intensive applications. Teradici Cloud Access Software, built on PCoIP technology, enables enterprises to securely leverage public cloud GPU instances to confidently lift and shift the most graphics-intensive Windows or Linux applications to the public cloud, avoiding costly rewrites.
The company’s technology is deployed by Fortune 500 enterprises, government agencies and service providers from around the world. Teradici also works closely with leading cloud providers to continue delivering the best user experience and enabling our customers the ability to scale to millions of users.
You will be joining a team that is building a microservices application run and installed by customers. The team has responsibility for ensuring the end result fits the target customers' use cases and technical skill-sets, and solves their business needs.
We believe in a DevOps culture, in strong communication and supporting what we develop; we do not toss product updates over the fence. You have a passion for automation and a knack for turn use cases, and user expectations into automated test cases. You have a broad knowledge base on common IT systems, and how to exercise the product's interaction with them to verify the end result will meet customer expectations. You have a strong believe in continuous delivery and building a testing pipeline that does not slow down the delivery of value to customers as well as ensuring ongoing security testing.
You will be responsible for the creation of test automation that will become part of the CI/CD pipeline of the new product, and enable high iterations and frequent releases with confidence. The automation will cover performance testing, functional testing, and compatibility testing and require the ability deploy different combinations and configurations of IT infrastructure on demand in different environments. Our goal is an always running test system that uses the latest development releases and so that we do not have pauses waiting to verify a release is ready. You also believe in taking advantage of existing tools wherever they improve our capabilities and ability to delivery. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, elegant and extensible design, and quality product is imperative. You believe in fail fast, detect fast, fix fast and deploy fast.
- Writing well-documented, high performance, secure, reliable and maintainable code
- Creating proposals for technical solutions, team processes and procedures, and driving them through to adoption and implementation
- Solving complex problems as simply as possible
- Building, enhancing and maintaining an effective CI/CD pipeline
- Building scalable, cost effective test automation
- Integrating automated security scanning and testing into the CI/CD pipeline
- Defining test strategy for the product
- Coaching other developers with regards to functional and performance testing, security, and maintainability
- Reviewing and refining test plans created by team members
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience developing enterprise grade software
- First class analytical, diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to collaborate with UX designers, developers, product owners and other team members
- Passion to work in an exciting environment and deliver new technologies and products to the marketplace
- Ability to learn quickly
- Experience creating test automation to cover installation and configuration, functional testing, and performance testing
- Experience working with and configuring Linux systems
- Please advise in your application whether you are eligible to work in Canada
- An intense dislike for manual testing
- Experience using public cloud services (Azure, AWS or GCP)
- Experience in defining infrastructure as code using Terraform, Ansible, or Chef
- Experience with or knowledge of IT technologies such as LDAP, Active Directory, IP networking, DNS, or virtualization of networks or workstations
- Experience with software security and secure development lifecycles
- Experience with Python
- Experience with containers and container orchestration tools (i.e. Kubernetes and Docker)
- Experience with Git
- Knowledge of 12-factor app
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Experience with Agile development approaches such as Scrum
- Practical knowledge of API security and modern authorization mechanisms, such as OAuth 2.0 and JSON Web Tokens
- Secure products. You understand the importance of a secure SDLC and that this is not an afterthought once all the features are developed.
- Automate everything. You actively automate many manual tasks as possible so that these tasks can be repeated many times and allow us to scale.
- Self-managed teams. You hold yourself accountable for the full end-to-end lifecycle of what you are working on, from ensuring you are building something that will deliver customer value to getting it into customers' hands.
- Customer collaboration. You want feedback from customers to ensure your work is providing value and to enable you to iterate on that work.
- Tech-debt reduction. Software can live longer that you expect; therefore, you need to ensure it stays healthy and manage your technical debt accordingly.
- Collective ownership. You value contribution, wherever it comes from, and believe in peer review, continuous integration, test coverage and customer validation.
- We offer a competitive base salary, Employee Bonus Plan (company performance based), stock option grants, retirement savings and attractive benefits package. We also offer three weeks of vacation for the first year (accrued and increased annually, up to 20 days per year).
- Monthly social events & activities.
- Luxury shuttle service to and from the nearest SkyTrain station.
- Underground and secured bike "cage".
- Fully equipped (and recently renovated) onsite gym, and Basketball and "Beach" Volleyball courts. Or you can join our yoga classes.