Technical Illustrator (Short-term Contract Position)
Product Education | Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada | Contract
Teradici is the creator of the PCoIP remoting protocol technology and Cloud Access Software, the cutting edge solution for a cloud-ready future. The Company, founded in 2004 and based in Vancouver, Canada is focused on its core mission of seamless delivery of workstations and applications for end-users.
Teradici PCoIP® technology brings the next generation of secure remoting technology to the marketplace, enabling visualization of even the most graphics-intensive applications. Teradici Cloud Access Software, built on PCoIP technology, enables enterprises to securely leverage public cloud GPU instances to confidently lift and shift the most graphics-intensive Windows or Linux applications to the public cloud, avoiding costly rewrites.
The company’s technology is deployed by Fortune 500 enterprises, government agencies and service providers from around the world. Teradici also works closely with leading cloud providers to continue delivering the best user experience and enabling our customers the ability to scale to millions of users.
In the Teradici Product Education group, we're super excited about helping our customers understand and get the most out of our amazing desktop virtualization technologies. We are passionate about communication and write extensive documentation to help our customers succeed, but sometimes a well-placed illustration can get a complex idea across much better than a paragraph (or many paragraphs). As a contract Technical Illustrator on our Product Education team, you'll develop a smart, contemporary style for system architecture diagrams that can accommodate multiple levels of detail, from simple a-to-b diagrams to complex, real-world architectures involving multiple public and private cloud environments.
You'll survey and refresh our existing illustrations, both conceptual and architectural, and work with the Product Education team to discover new opportunities where a well-placed and cleanly-drawn illustration could do the job better than too many words. You'll work with our Product Education, Product Marketing, and Engineering groups to ensure a consistent style across product documentation, knowledge base, and customer-facing sales and marketing materials. This short-term contract will be for 3 months with a possible extension.
- Quickly get up to speed with Teradici's cloud-enablement technologies (we'll help you!) and understand the big picture.
- Work with Teradici's Engineering, Product Management, and Marketing teams to understand which content should be communicated visually, and for which audiences.
- Design a clean, contemporary visual style for both conceptual art and system architectures, along with a formal style guide so your work can be maintained and extended in the future.
- Work with our Marketing team to coordinate iconography and high-level style guidelines.
- Develop iconography where existing material is missing or incomplete.
- Survey our current illustrations and refresh them, using your developed style.
- Analyze documentation with the Product Education team to identify new opportunities for quality illustrations, and create them using your developed style.
- Work with Engineering groups to ensure technical accuracy, and with Product Management to ensure appropriate level of detail.
- Produce output suitable for web and print output; this will in most cases be SVG, but other formats are possible.
- Diploma or certificate in technical writing or graphic design with minimum 3 years’ experience producing illustrated content for complex hardware and software products.
- Experience using common industry illustration tools such as (but certainly not limited to) Visio and Adobe Illustrator.
- Portfolio or links showing samples of your past work.
- Experience producing content that adheres to established standards, style, voice, and branding guidelines.
- Experience working in a hardware and software development environment that includes developers, support, product management, marketing, and QA.
- Working knowledge of HTML publishing and responsive Web content considerations.
- Independent problem solver with strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively prioritize competing demands.
- Organized and analytical, exceptional attention to detail and able to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Git, and enterprise and web content management systems an asset.
- Monthly social events & activities.
- Luxury shuttle service to and from the nearest SkyTrain station.
- Underground and secured bike "cage".
- Fully equipped (and recently renovated) onsite gym, and Basketball and "Beach" Volleyball courts. Or you can join our yoga classes.