Global Support Services | Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada | Full Time
In 2004, Teradici set out to create the best virtual desktop and workstation experience in the world, and along the way we've enabled the most demanding use cases with requirements like top secret security, complex IT infrastructures, and intensive graphics performance. Our PCoIP technology fundamentally simplifies how computing is provisioned, managed and used.
With over 15 million endpoints deployed around the globe, we're no startup. Top government agencies, media conglomerates, production studios, financial firms, and design houses trust Teradici to support their need for secure, high-performance virtual desktops and workstations delivered from private data centers, public clouds, or any combination of both.
We are looking for a talented Systems Analyst to provide support for Teradici products and solutions. As a Systems Analyst and trusted cloud advisor, you will ensure that Teradici customers leverage the cloud by building cost effective, efficient cloud, on-premises, and hybrid global solutions using Teradici PCoIP technologies. The ideal candidate is an experienced cloud-technology guru who understands how to leverage and integrate various visualization and remoting solutions.
You will support Teradici platform solutions by:
- Resolving complex technical issues with Teradici’s products by performing troubleshooting and root-cause analysis on detailed log files.
- Providing system integration services for PCoIP components.
- Provide on-site customer support and training as required.
- Providing support for PCoIP Software Development Kit (SDK) and Application Programming Interfaces (API) to Teradici partners and customers.
- Growing and nurturing the PCoIP community forum by providing support tips and FAQs on effective use of Teradici’s products.
- Managing and triaging the customer support ticket queue.
You will have a positive impact on future product quality and support costs by turning escalations into:
- Timely customer-facing knowledgebase articles.
- Bugs fixes and feature requests for future releases.
- Experiments that collect data from partners to ensure escalations are resolved.
You will support new product rollouts by:
- Working with feature development teams and technical writers to create pre-emptive, knowledgebase articles and documentation for known issues and deployment scenarios.
- Aiding Teradici IT in dogfooding system setup.
- Managing internal support systems and infrastructure.
- An outstanding communicator who loves helping customers architect cost effective, efficient cloud-based global solutions
- Excellent analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills and a proactive attitude in unblocking issues
- Excellent software design and programming skills
- Windows or Linux application development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to collaborate with software developers, product owners and other stakeholders
- 3+ years with in depth, practical knowledge and usage of cloud-based such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Compute Platform
- 3+ years of experience using services such as IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- 3+ years of experience analyzing Compute, Networking, Storage and Security requirements
- 2 years of C/C++ object oriented software development experience is considered as an asset
- Experience with DevOps techniques using Agile methodologies
- Bachelors or Postgraduate in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with multithreaded high-performance programming with in-depth knowledge of CPU architectures
- Working knowledge of data compression algorithms
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with hypervisor/kernel and device driver development (Linux and/or Windows)
- Hands-on experience with test automation and scripting languages (e.g. Perl and/or Python)
- Experience with Agile development approaches such as Scrum
- Experience with Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016
- Experience with Ubuntu and Redhat/CentOS Linux
- Solid understanding of IP networking and IP devices
- Able to ‘raise the bar’ by embracing new technologies and using them in innovative new ways
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks with competing priorities
- On call availability and willingness to work outside business hours to support customer escalations
- Willingness to support DevOps and Professional Services efforts
- A passion for learning with a growth mindset and positive attitude
- Professional certification in VMware, Amazon, or Azure, or equivalent virtualization and/or desktop certification
- Experience with data analysis tools such as Splunk or Sumo Logic
- Active participation in open source forums
- A love of technology and exploring innovative solutions
- We offer a competitive base salary, Employee Bonus Plan (company performance based) and stock option grants. Our health benefits and retirement savings contributions start right away – no waiting period! We also offer three weeks of vacation for the first year (accrued and increased annually, up to 20 days per year)
- We develop and nurture our employees to be their best and bring their authentic selves to every team interaction. We strive for a dynamic team environment that is transparent and allows everyone to contribute and be heard.
- The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. As a result of COVID-19, we have implemented a Work From Home initiative for all employees and we encourage our teams to stay connected virtually during this time.
- Once our office is open again, we are excited to offer:
- Monthly social events & activities
- Luxury shuttle service to and from the nearest SkyTrain station
- Underground and secured bike "cage"
- Fully equipped onsite gym, Basketball, "Beach" Volleyball court and weekly yoga classes
- Teradici supports remote work flexibility using our own Cloud Access Software!