Software Quality Developer (Firmware)
Product Development | Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada | Full Time
Teradici is the creator of the PCoIP remoting protocol technology and Cloud Access Software, the cutting edge solution for a cloud-ready future. The Company, founded in 2004 and based in Vancouver, Canada is focused on its core mission of seamless delivery of workstations and applications for end-users.
Teradici PCoIP® technology brings the next generation of secure remoting technology to the marketplace, enabling visualization of even the most graphics-intensive applications. Teradici Cloud Access Software, built on PCoIP technology, enables enterprises to securely leverage public cloud GPU instances to confidently lift and shift the most graphics-intensive Windows or Linux applications to the public cloud, avoiding costly rewrites.
The company’s technology is deployed by Fortune 500 enterprises, government agencies and service providers from around the world. Teradici also works closely with leading cloud providers to continue delivering the best user experience and enabling our customers the ability to scale to millions of users.
We are seeking talented Software Quality Developers to assist in supporting our PCoIP Zero Client and Remote Workstation Card products. Based on our PCoIP SoC, the zero client and remote workstation card products have over 3 million users in a diverse range of markets, including healthcare, military, education, finance and media and entertainment.
You will be supporting a wide range of technologies in our embedded firmware products, including USB peripherals, smart cards, network security protocols, VDI and high-end imaging.
Successful candidates will be keen to support real customers, ready to dive in many technologies and standards, comfortable working within a Scrum team, have a willingness to get dirty with hands-on troubleshooting in the lab and are skilled in designing, implementing and executing manual and automated test plans.
- Participate on a Scrum team to test, maintain and support kernel drivers, application software and embedded firmware.
- Troubleshoot and isolate issues, file bug reports, and validate bug fixes.
- Contribute to the appropriate test coverage in releases through the execution of test cases in a Manual and Automated manner.
- Assist in creating and maintaining complex test and development environments including Windows, Linux, as well as Desktop Virtualization and Desktop-as-a-Service infrastructure.
- Design, develop, and architect automated testing coverage.
- Aid in troubleshooting and resolving issues that have been escalated by the support team to development.
- Minimum 2 year-degree or diploma in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with:
- Testing firmware applications
- Performance, stress and load testing
- Unit, and acceptance testing techniques
- Strong technical and testing skills including:
- First class analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Experience in context-based, exploratory, scenario and risk-based testing techniques
- Exhibit curiosity and excellent attention to detail
- Able to understand the impact of decisions on other disciplines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to collaborate with developers, product owners and other product team members
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- Experience testing web-based applications
- Experience developing protocol based automated tests
- Windows system administration, virtualization or Desktop-as-a-Service infrastructure experience
- Experience setting up and maintaining build environments
- Experience with IP networking protocols
- Knowledge of security protocols and technologies (e.g.: 802.1x, certificates)
- Hardware troubleshooting skills
- Experience working directly with end customers
- We offer a competitive base salary, Success Sharing Bonus (company performance based), stock option grants, retirement savings and attractive benefits package. We also offer three weeks of vacation for the first year (accrued and increased annually, up to 20 days per year).
- Monthly social events & activities.
- Luxury shuttle service to and from the nearest SkyTrain station.
- Underground and secured bike "cage".
- Fully equipped (and recently renovated) onsite gym, and Basketball and "Beach" Volleyball courts. Or you can join our corporate soccer team or yoga classes.