Software Quality Developer
Product Development | Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada | Full Time
Teradici is the creator of the PCoIP remoting protocol technology and Cloud Access Software, the cutting edge solution for a cloud-ready future. The Company, founded in 2004 and based in Vancouver, Canada is focused on its core mission of seamless delivery of workstations and applications for end-users.
Teradici PCoIP® technology brings the next generation of secure remoting technology to the marketplace, enabling visualization of even the most graphics-intensive applications. Teradici Cloud Access Software, built on PCoIP technology, enables enterprises to securely leverage public cloud GPU instances to confidently lift and shift the most graphics-intensive Windows or Linux applications to the public cloud, avoiding costly rewrites.
The company’s technology is deployed by Fortune 500 enterprises, government agencies and service providers from around the world. Teradici also works closely with leading cloud providers to continue delivering the best user experience and enabling our customers the ability to scale to millions of users.
We are looking for a talented, creative and team orientated Software Quality Developer to participate in the design and development of our PCoIP Cloud Access Software, which are used by many of the big names in the Media & Entertainment industry, offering a secure, full-fidelity user experience ̶ delivering the ultimate in remote access performance. Our Software Client product spans Mac, Windows, Linux, Chromebook, iOS and Android platforms including kernel drivers and application software. As a Software Quality Developer, you are integrated with the development team in building a quality product and designing automated tests to ensure product quality throughout the development lifecycle.
To be successful candidate, applicants must:
- Demonstrate passion for learning, testing, automation and quality
- Exhibit curiosity and excellent attention to detail
- Be a strong team player, who is not afraid to speak up, ask questions and be heard
- Work as part of a Scrum team on the development and testing efforts of PCoIP endpoints, network infrastructure, or endpoint management solutions.
- Develop tests for new product features and functionality.
- Design, develop, and architect automated testing coverage.
- Make automated scripting more effective and efficient by:
- Intelligently prioritizing what to automate,
- Writing well-documented, reliable, shared, reusable and maintainable code,
- Designing, developing, administering and maintaining test infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot and isolate issues, file bug reports, and validate bug fixes.
- Contribute to the appropriate test coverage in releases through the execution of test cases in a Manual and Automated manner.
- Use DevOps techniques to maintaining complex test and development environments including Windows and Mac servers as well as Desktop Virtualization infrastructure.
- Drive to improve – whether it relates to a process, a tool, infrastructure, or general team knowledge – look to assist in making the impossible possible.
- Minimum 2 year-degree or diploma in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Testing core (non GUI) Windows, Mac, or Linux, applications
- Testing SDKs or APIs, services, drivers, or web and database applications
- Working with test frameworks or applications
- Using performance, stress and load testing
- Working with and managing Virtual Infrastructure
- Using Unit, Acceptance testing techniques as well as TDD, BDD and OOP
- Strong technical and testing skills including:
- Experience in test planning, design, and prioritization experience with multi-tiered software/hardware applications
- Strong analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and to set your own tasks as part of an agile team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to collaborate with developers, product owners and other product team members
- Experience in context-based, exploratory, scenario and risk based testing techniques
- Please advise in your application whether you are eligible to work in Canada
- Experience testing GUI-based applications
- Experience developing protocol based automated tests
- Windows system administration and virtualization experience
- DevOps experience setting up and maintaining build environments
- We offer a competitive base salary, Success Sharing Bonus (company performance based), stock option grants, retirement savings and attractive benefits package. We also offer three weeks of vacation for the first year (accrued and increased annually, up to 20 days per year).
- Relocation support available.
- Monthly social events & activities.
- Luxury shuttle service to and from the nearest SkyTrain station.
- Underground and secured bike "cage".
- Fully equipped (and recently renovated) onsite gym, and Basketball and "Beach" Volleyball courts. Or you can join our weekly yoga classes.