Product Development | Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada | Full Time
Teradici is the creator of the PCoIP remoting protocol technology and Cloud Access Software, the cutting edge solution for a cloud-ready future. The Company, founded in 2004 and based in Vancouver, Canada is focused on its core mission of seamless delivery of workstations and applications for end-users.
Teradici PCoIP® technology brings the next generation of secure remoting technology to the marketplace, enabling visualization of even the most graphics-intensive applications. Teradici Cloud Access Software, built on PCoIP technology, enables enterprises to securely leverage public cloud GPU instances to confidently lift and shift the most graphics-intensive Windows or Linux applications to the public cloud, avoiding costly rewrites.
The company’s technology is deployed by Fortune 500 enterprises, government agencies and service providers from around the world. Teradici also works closely with leading cloud providers to continue delivering the best user experience and enabling our customers the ability to scale to millions of users.
Our DevOps team operates and develops a SaaS product and want to add someone with a history in operations. We believe in strong communication and support what we develop; we do not toss product updates over the fence. You have a background in and an appreciation for security, compliance and what it takes to keep a service operational. You understand the impact degraded services or outages have on our customers, as well as what it means to have a secure service. Within the team, you will be the primary agent to define, implement and advise on operations, compliance and security. You will be helping to the team to create a resilient service that can self-recover with alerting and monitoring of key indicators to the system health and performance and by regularly reviewing system data to identify trends that the team must take action on.
- Creating dashboards and alerts to monitor the service
- Defining KPIs for the service
- Defining and implementing operational, compliance and security improvement plans
- Implementing monitoring, alerts and automation
- Integrating security checks to be real-time to support continuous delivery
- Running operations reviews and incident postmortems
- Coaching team members on operations and security
- Managing and implementing disaster recovery plan
- Working with the product owner to define the priority and business value of operation and security work
- Providing feedback on development or design plans around their impact to performance, operations, scalability and security of the overall service
- Communicating and coordinating with product security and IT
- On-call rotation with the other team members
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent
- First class analytical, diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Experience with SaaS operations
- Experience in scripting
- Experience in defining, and implementing service monitoring and alerts
- Passion to work in an exciting environment and deliver new technologies and products to the marketplace
- Belief in DevOps and DevSecOps cultures
- Ability to learn quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to collaborate with product security, developers, product owners and other team members
- Please advise in your application whether you are eligible to work in Canada
- Experience with or certification in ITIL
- Experience using Azure cloud services
- Experience using monitoring services such as Datadog or Sumo Logic
- Experience in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Experience with cloud-native applications using the 12 factor methodology
- Experience in defining infrastructure as code
- Training in security
- Experience with using microservices and operating/supporting them in production
- Experience with event driven architectures
- Experience with CQRS and Event Sourcing
- Experience with using and creating RESTful APIs
- Practical knowledge of API security and modern authorization mechanisms, such as OAuth 2.0 and JSON Web Tokens
- Experience with Agile development approaches such as Scrum
- We offer a competitive base salary, Employee Bonus Plan (company performance based), stock option grants, retirement savings and attractive benefits package. We also offer three weeks of vacation for the first year (accrued and increased annually, up to 20 days per year).
- Monthly social events & activities.
- Luxury shuttle service to and from the nearest SkyTrain station.
- Underground and secured bike "cage".
- Fully equipped (and recently renovated) onsite gym, and Basketball and "Beach" Volleyball courts. Or you can join our yoga classes.