Product Development | Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada | Full Time
In 2004, Teradici set out to create the best virtual desktop and workstation experience in the world, and along the way we've enabled the most demanding use cases with requirements like top secret security, complex IT infrastructures, and intensive graphics performance. Our PCoIP technology fundamentally simplifies how computing is provisioned, managed and used.
With over 15 million endpoints deployed around the globe, we're no startup. Top government agencies, media conglomerates, production studios, financial firms, and design houses trust Teradici to support their need for secure, high-performance virtual desktops and workstations delivered from private data centers, public clouds, or any combination of both.
You will be joining a team that is responsible for the services that enable remote users to authenticate, and ultimately get connected to their desktop from anywhere in the world. This involves building, supporting and evolving services to meet modern cloud native design patterns, building and maintaining a comprehensive suite of test automation and security scans, and a robust CI/CD pipeline.
We believe in a DevOps culture, in strong communication and supporting what we develop; we do not toss product updates over the fence. You understand the impact degraded services or outages have on our customers, as well as what it means to make a secure service. Within the team, you will be an agent to define, implement and advise on operations, compliance and security. You will be helping the team not only solve customer problems, but to also create a resilient service that can self-recover, with alerting and monitoring of key indicators to the system health and performance.
You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the application. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, elegant and extensible design, and quality product is imperative. You believe in fail fast, detect fast, fix fast and deploy fast.
- Writing well-documented, high performance, scalable, secure, reliable and maintainable code
- Create proposals for technical solutions, team processes and procedures, and driving them through to adoption and implementation
- Solving business problems in a cloud native microservices architecture
- Modernizing application authorization and authentication workflows
- Implementing distributed monitoring, logging and analytics
- Using TDD and writing test automation to validate code
- Coaching other developers with regards to code quality, security, maintainability and solution architecture
- On-call responsibilities may be required
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience developing enterprise grade software
- First class analytical, diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to collaborate with UX designers, developers, product owners and other team members
- Passion to work in an exciting environment and deliver new technologies and products to the marketplace
- Ability to learn quickly
- Solid experience with using and creating RESTful APIs
- Experience with one or more of: Node.js, Python, Golang, Java
- Experience with Git
- Please advise in your application whether you are eligible to work in Canada
- Experience developing cloud-native applications using the 12 factor methodology
- Experience with using/developing microservices and operating/supporting them in production
- Experience with containers and container orchestration tools (i.e. Kubernetes and Docker)
- Practical knowledge of API security and modern authorization mechanisms, such as OAuth 2.0 and JSON Web Tokens
- Experience in defining infrastructure as code, we use Terraform but experience with Ansible, or Chef is beneficial
- Experience with event driven architectures
- Experience with CQRS and Event Sourcing
- Experience in utilizing Cloud Design Patterns such as Circuit Breaker
- Experience with Agile development approaches such as Scrum
- Experience with or knowledge of IT technologies such as LDAP, Active Directory, IP networking, DNS, or virtualization of networks or workstations
- Secure products. You understand the importance of a secure SDLC and that this is not an afterthought once all the features are developed.
- Automate everything. You actively automate many manual tasks as possible so that these tasks can be repeated many times and allow us to scale.
- Self-managed teams. You hold yourself accountable for the full end-to-end lifecycle of what you are working on, from ensuring you are building something that will deliver customer value to getting it into customers' hands.
- Customer collaboration. You want feedback from customers to ensure your work is providing value and to enable you to iterate on that work.
- Tech-debt reduction. Software can live longer that you expect; therefore, you need to ensure it stays healthy and manage your technical debt accordingly.
- Collective ownership. You value contribution, wherever it comes from, and believe in peer review, continuous integration, test coverage and customer validation.
- We offer a competitive base salary, Employee Bonus Plan (company performance based) and stock option grants. Our health benefits and retirement savings contributions start right away – no waiting period! We also offer three weeks of vacation for the first year (accrued and increased annually, up to 20 days per year)
- We develop and nurture our employees to be their best and bring their authentic selves to every team interaction. We strive for a dynamic team environment that is transparent and allows everyone to contribute and be heard.
- The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. As a result of COVID-19, we have implemented a Work From Home initiative for all employees and we encourage our teams to stay connected virtually during this time.
- Once our office is open again, we are excited to offer:
- Monthly social events & activities
- Luxury shuttle service to and from the nearest SkyTrain station
- Underground and secured bike "cage"
- Fully equipped onsite gym, Basketball, "Beach" Volleyball court and weekly yoga classes
- Teradici supports remote work flexibility using our own Cloud Access Software!