Director, Strategic Alliances
Strategic Alliances & Business Development | Seattle, WA | Full Time
In 2004, Teradici set out to create the best virtual desktop and workstation experience in the world, and along the way we've enabled the most demanding use cases with requirements like top secret security, complex IT infrastructures, and intensive graphics performance. Our PCoIP technology fundamentally simplifies how computing is provisioned, managed and used.
With over 15 million endpoints deployed around the globe, we're no startup. Top government agencies, media conglomerates, production studios, financial firms, and design houses trust Teradici to support their need for secure, high-performance virtual desktops and workstations delivered from private data centers, public clouds, or any combination of both.
Teradici is seeking a Director, Strategic Alliances to take responsibility for the overall engagement and joint sales success of our strategic global partnerships. This will include identifying and fostering creative joint solutions and driving these offerings into market. In addition, you will be responsible for driving successful go to market programs and ensuring that all technical initiatives are successfully managed to completion. As a seasoned sales and alliance executive, you will own the partnering strategy, relationship development and execution of joint partner-leveraged programs.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience working within a highly strategic, solution-based sales and/or alliance environment and will have demonstrated success meeting corporate sales, revenue, operational, and strategic goals. In addition, the successful candidate will have experience with technical program management and field market development. This role will be a good fit for someone who is curious, creative, competitive and result-oriented, while at the same time being a consummate team player and possessing the highest level of integrity in their business conduct.
- Responsible for overall partnership management of existing strategic partners and recruitment of new partners
- Work closely with Teradici’s functional teams to drive strategy; close alignment with our sales, marketing, product and development teams.
- Drive the expansion of the existing partnership.
- Develop and own global executive relationships, up-levels the Teradici partnership.
- Act as the primary Teradici point of contact, establish and maintain corporate relationships with the key decision makers.
- Responsible for identifying where Teradici and Partner’s technology can intersect to create new, high value joint offerings
- In coordination with Product Management and Product Development, develop and deliver joint solutions that accelerate the adoption of Teradici products by customers.
- Manage execution of GTM and co-sell strategy for alliance.
- In collaboration with Teradici and Partner’s marketing and regional sales teams, proactively seek out opportunities to participate in partner sponsored field events (webinars, conferences, meetups, lunch-and learns), collaborate with Teradici Marketing/Product Management to drive joint campaigns, expand pipeline.
- Develop and manage the Partner-Teradici worldwide pipeline.
- Identify and implement required sales enablement and cross-training around joint solution.
- Leverage demo centers and other customer immersion opportunities to generate awareness – provide and manage demo pool.
- Incorporate Teradici solutions into all key alliance partner marketplaces and formal solution provider partner programs.
- Ensure proper exposure to, and create awareness with the partner’s corporate vertical teams.
- Proactively establish sales mapping with the partner's global direct and channel sales teams – assure teams are jointly working pipeline opportunities.
- Help develop, influence and execute seeding/POC programs together with partner and Teradici sales teams.
- Support product QBRs/roadmap sessions and identify joint innovation opportunities.
- 8+ years sales/strategic alliance partnership experience with Tier 1 enterprise software, cloud or virtualization companies
- Previous VDI and/or Cloud alliance experience with a strong understanding of large ISV partner management programs is required
- Extensive experience working closely with large Global Partners to help identify joint opportunities, solve customer problems and deliver full solutions
- Demonstrated experience cultivating high leverage strategic relationships that have produced significant incremental revenue contribution through effective co-sell GTM programs
- Familiarity with CSPs and current experience with ISVs servicing the Design & Manufacturing, Energy, and AEC markets
- Experience with Cloud based software sales; VDI, SaaS, Paas, IaaS, Virtualization, enterprise IT knowledge
- Experience in demonstrating a successful track record with technically oriented sales, negotiations, communication and problem solving in fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience in C-level relationship building
- Proven track record of success in driving the entire sales process from start to finish; an understanding of the sales methodology is required
- Highly skilled at working with internal cross-functional teams
- Past experience and proven success with the development, coordination and project management of joint technical programs
- Strong understanding of Cloud based pricing and licensing models
- Ability to communicate the business value and ROI of joint solutions, strong financial selling skills
- Ability to develop relationships at all levels, both internally and with partner organizations
- You should be a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute plans but also be able to adapt to rapid change and adjust accordingly
- You must be a great problem solver, consistently deliver on assigned pipeline objectives, and must have very strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- We offer a competitive base salary, stock option grants, retirement savings and attractive benefits package. We also offer three weeks of vacation for the first year (accrued and increased annually, up to 20 days per year).