Director, Solution Architects
Enterprise Sales | San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Full Time
Teradici is the creator of the PCoIP remoting protocol technology and Cloud Access Software, the cutting edge solution for a cloud-ready future. The Company, founded in 2004 and based in Vancouver, Canada is focused on its core mission of seamless delivery of workstations and applications for end-users.
Teradici PCoIP® technology brings the next generation of secure remoting technology to the marketplace, enabling visualization of even the most graphics-intensive applications. Teradici Cloud Access Software, built on PCoIP technology, enables enterprises to securely leverage public cloud GPU instances to confidently lift and shift the most graphics-intensive Windows or Linux applications to the public cloud, avoiding costly rewrites.
The company’s technology is deployed by Fortune 500 enterprises, government agencies and service providers from around the world. Teradici also works closely with leading cloud providers to continue delivering the best user experience and enabling our customers the ability to scale to millions of users.
The Director, Solution Architects leads a team of highly skilled technical sales resources whose goal is to support the technical sales needs of Teradici customers and partners. The role requires an understanding of the client’s business, how to position Teradici products and services, and to be an authority on Teradici and industry technologies. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing that your team is effectively supporting the sales revenue opportunities of their sales region.
You will also be responsible for driving the professional development of the Solution Architects (SAs), including mentorship, training, and performance evaluation. The position requires the ability to manage multiple team members in their support of different clients, sales opportunities, and other initiatives. The right person will be adept at working with peers to define new processes and policies with outstanding leadership and mentoring abilities.
The ideal candidate will reside in a major US city. Although this position is posted in several locations, we are only hiring for one Director, Solution Architects.
- Lead and efficiently manage technical resources in order to optimize sales and revenue. Partner with sales management to help set the sales strategy to ensure forecast objectives are met.
- Set regional priorities and policies. Provide day-to-day guidance and communicate best practices to solution architects in the areas of product demonstrations, proof of concepts, RFPs, overcoming sales objections and technical sales presentations.
- Perform key functions to attract top-notch SAs globally including identifying staffing needs, interviewing, hiring, employee feedback and communication, coaching, and performance management and career development.
- Leadership and direct resource management of the Americas Regional SAs. Mentor and develop newly hired SAs across the organization.
- Create, coordinate and oversee regular technical trainings and drive technical internal discussions across the SA team, including quarterly tech sessions and trainings.
- Act as backfill and provide coverage for regional SAs when needed.
- Handle and delegate internal or shared technical support needs that may come up like vendor certifications, SA staffing of events, and marketing projects.
- Assess skill sets and provide ongoing coaching and feedback to team members in order to meet objectives, reinforce sales methodology and provide guidance on career path direction. Implement personal development plans for individual team members.
- Obtain weekly, monthly, and quarterly ‘SA to Opportunity’ performance metrics and promote opportunity awareness and proactive SA engagement by monitoring Salesforce.com activities.
- Collect customer feedback, enhancements and feature requests and disseminate findings to product management, product development, corporate and technical support in order to continuously improve product offerings.
- BS/BA degree required: Computer Science, Math, Computer Systems Technology or Analysis highly desired
- Minimum 5 years management experience strongly preferred; 8+ years enterprise industry experience including customer facing roles and a proven record of effective interactions with partners and customers
- Experience with server and desktop virtualization and strong technical understanding of VMware, Citrix, Azure, Amazon AWS EC2/G2, Google Cloud, OpenStack, IP networking and firewalls, VPN, NAT
- Experience in direct selling of complex technical business solutions in the enterprise space and strong understanding of business drivers for Line of Business solutions within enterprise organizations
- Self-motivation, self-management and professionalism with advanced organizational, problem solving skills and team building skills
- Advanced level of specialized sales and product solution knowledge and a solid understanding of Teradici competitive domain and technologies
- Proven technical and tactical problem-solving skills and experience with complex engineering designs; must have the ability to explain complex ideas and schemas and train Solution Architect team
- Experience designing, implementing IT infrastructure, including graphics hardware (NVIDIA, AMD, Intel)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, CRM and opportunity management systems, preferably Salesforce.com
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, as well as excellent presentation skills; ability to lead meetings internally and externally
- Ability and willingness to travel (up to 25%) to customer sites and other locations including Corporate HQ as required
- Experience managing technical teams and resources, experience working with product development on feature request priorities, etc.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, and C/C++
- We offer a competitive base salary, stock option grants, retirement savings and attractive benefits package. We also offer three weeks of vacation for the first year (accrued and increased annually, up to 20 days per year).