Director, Product Security
Product Development | Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada | Full Time
Teradici is the creator of the PCoIP remoting protocol technology and Cloud Access Software, the cutting edge solution for a cloud-ready future. The Company, founded in 2004 and based in Vancouver, Canada is focused on its core mission of seamless delivery of workstations and applications for end-users.
Teradici PCoIP® technology brings the next generation of secure remoting technology to the marketplace, enabling visualization of even the most graphics-intensive applications. Teradici Cloud Access Software, built on PCoIP technology, enables enterprises to securely leverage public cloud GPU instances to confidently lift and shift the most graphics-intensive Windows or Linux applications to the public cloud, avoiding costly rewrites.
The company’s technology is deployed by Fortune 500 enterprises, government agencies and service providers from around the world. Teradici also works closely with leading cloud providers to continue delivering the best user experience and enabling our customers the ability to scale to millions of users.
The Director, Product Security will report to the VP, Research and Development and will act as the software security leader to provide direction, lifecycle management and leadership for ensuring the highest levels of security inherent in Teradici’s virtualization and Cloud Access products. As Director, Product Security you will build and manage a team of security professionals, as well as be an active participant in specifying architectures, security processes and design standards. You and your team will provide direction to development groups for development of software products and processes that map to these standards. You will work closely with quality assurance teams to ensure that testing of security functionality is comprehensive. Additionally, as Director, Product Security you will continuously examine processes, architectures, designs, and systems to improve security of products produced by the development teams.
The ideal applicant will be highly motivated to work in the security area and will have the ability to analyze software systems, networks and cloud architectures for the potential weaknesses they could expose in our products.
- Provide leadership in planning, research, design, and support of the security aspects of multiple products in the virtualization and remote computing domain.
- Provide leadership to ensure security issues are addressed effectively.
- Lead development of processes, architectures and design standards that improve software development and test activities resulting in secure software products.
- Work with and train software development and test teams on security best practices and implement validation mechanisms.
- You and your team will evaluate designs and architectural patterns for insecure coding practices, recommend changes, mentor team members and monitor remediation activities.
- Coordinate response to external security incidents where software security expertise is required.
- Manage remediation plans for any security gaps reported in audits or recommended process improvements as related to the development or implementation of software.
- Develop application security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Work to understand our customers’ security concerns and requirements.
- Establish acceptable levels of software related risks for the portfolio.
- Collaborate with members of the infrastructure (IT) security & operations team(s) to identify risks to the business & maintain security best practices in the development environment.
- Update job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards; participate in educational opportunities; read professional publications; maintain personal networks; participate in professional organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- 10 or more years relevant experience in a security-related field.
- 5 or more years as a Manager or Director in a technical environment, preferably in a Security or Software development company.
- 5 or more years of software development experience, some in a leadership capacity.
- Strong leadership with a history of recruiting, motivating and retaining skilled security professionals
- Practical experience reviewing source code for security vulnerabilities, in software security design principles, best practices, and security technologies.
- Experience working with software development and quality assurance teams to analyze architecture, design, implementation, and tests to determine suitability with respect to security.
- Understanding of secure software development lifecycle practices.
- Knowledge of and experience with virtualization system architectures, operating system concepts, network communication protocols, Web technologies and Software Applications across various platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- Demonstrated technical leadership and teamwork skills encompassing internal and external resources.
- Demonstrated ability to technically coach team members on security practices and partner with teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with ability to clearly communicate technical information to a range of audiences.
- We offer a competitive base salary, Success Sharing Bonus (company performance based), stock option grants, retirement savings and attractive benefits package. We also offer three weeks of vacation for the first year (accrued and increased annually, up to 20 days per year).
- Investment in leadership and development programs.
- Monthly social events & activities.
- Luxury shuttle service to and from the nearest SkyTrain station.
- Underground and secured bike "cage".
- Fully equipped (and recently renovated) onsite gym, and Basketball and "Beach" Volleyball courts. Or you can join our corporate soccer team or yoga classes.