DevOps Software Developer
Product Development | Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada | Full Time
In 2004, Teradici set out to create the best virtual desktop and workstation experience in the world, and along the way we've enabled the most demanding use cases with requirements like top secret security, complex IT infrastructures, and intensive graphics performance. Our PCoIP technology fundamentally simplifies how computing is provisioned, managed and used.
With over 15 million endpoints deployed around the globe, we're no startup. Top government agencies, media conglomerates, production studios, financial firms, and design houses trust Teradici to support their need for secure, high-performance virtual desktops and workstations delivered from private data centers, public clouds, or any combination of both.
We are looking for a creative and team-oriented DevOps Software Developer with infrastructure-as-code experience to join our Cloud Solutions team. This is an exciting opportunity to participate in the integration of Teradici’s Cloud Access Software (CAS) with public and private clouds and to create solutions for our business partners and customers. As part of the team, you will help design, set up and configure public clouds and on-premises datacenters for integration with CAS. You will also create, validate, update, and maintain various CAS deployment scenarios for different enterprise use cases. You will help shape how desktop computing is delivered in enterprise environments.
- Design, create and maintain infrastructure-as-code scripts to deploy Cloud Access Software Solutions in public clouds (e.g. AWS, Azure and GCP) and private clouds (e.g. vSphere, Nutanix, OpenStack).
- Design, create and maintain CAS Solution deployment scripts in response to new software versions, security patches, and feature changes.
- Improve usability of CAS Solution deployment scripts based on customer and partner feedback.
- Set up and configure private cloud infrastructure for script development, functional, integration, load, and performance testing.
- Development of automated testing scripts and CI/CD Infrastructure for software deployments.
- Integrate CAS Solutions with third party tools, platforms, and marketplaces.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of software development experience, including Python and other major languages (e.g. C#, Java, C++, etc.)
- Strong understanding of public cloud technologies and infrastructure and networks, such as gateways, load balancers, firewalls and network security
- Experience using IT automation tools (e.g. Terraform, ARM Templates, Chef, Ansible)
- Experience with creating and consuming RESTful APIs, modeling and designing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to collaborate with customers, partners, 3rd party vendors, software developers/architects and business owners
- Ability to acquire necessary skills and knowledge quickly and independently and to be effective in cloud architectures
- First class analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to travel in US and Canada and work in Burnaby lab
- DevOps, Development, Security, Solution Architect, or Networking certifications on AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure, or VMWare.
- Experience with Windows Systems management and Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience with modern authentication methods (e.g. OAuth 2.0, OpenID-Connect)
- Experience with identity and access management (e.g. Active Directory services, cloud IAM, domain controllers)
- Experience with containers and container orchestration tools (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience designing and migrating applications and infrastructures to the cloud
- We offer a competitive base salary, Employee Bonus Plan (company performance based) and stock option grants. Our health benefits and retirement savings contributions start right away – no waiting period! We also offer three weeks of vacation for the first year (accrued and increased annually, up to 20 days per year)
- We develop and nurture our employees to be their best and bring their authentic selves to every team interaction. We strive for a dynamic team environment that is transparent and allows everyone to contribute and be heard.
- The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. As a result of COVID-19, we have implemented a Work From Home initiative for all employees and we encourage our teams to stay connected virtually during this time.
- Once our office is open again, we are excited to offer:
- Monthly social events & activities
- Luxury shuttle service to and from the nearest SkyTrain station
- Underground and secured bike "cage"
- Fully equipped onsite gym, Basketball, "Beach" Volleyball court and weekly yoga classes
- Teradici supports remote work flexibility using our own Cloud Access Software!