Development Support Engineers (Multiple Positions)
Host & Infrastructure - Software | Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Teradici PCoIP® technology is the fabric of the virtual workspace. We power the spectrum of local, remote, mobile and collaborative work-styles, fundamentally simplifying how computing is provisioned, managed and used. Simple, green, and cost-effective, the Teradici PCoIP virtual workspace architecture delivers a secure, high-definition, highly responsive computing experience.
Teradici customers benefit from a broad PCoIP ecosystem of innovative products and services. Our customers include Fortune 500 enterprises and institutions around the world, local and federal government agencies, and cloud and service providers.
We are looking for experienced Development Support Engineers to be part of Teradici’s Software Engineering – Host/Infrastructure team. Working closely with the development teams (includes Software Developers and Quality Engineers), the Systems Engineering team, and Teradici’s major partners, you will assist in the rollout of new products, support Systems Engineering with escalations and perform competitive system integration.
Please note: in-person interviews with selected candidates will commence mid-July.
1. Assist in the rollout of new products
- Documentation Definition and support (working through installation and deployment cases with technical writers and reviewing documents).
- Work with feature teams and technical writers to create pre-emptive knowledge base articles from known issues and deployment scenarios.
- Set up any required internal demo systems (externally accessible demonstration systems).
- Aid Systems Engineering in tradeshow system setup.
- Aid IT in dogfood system setup.
- Give training to Systems Engineering.
2. Support Systems Engineering with escalations
- Act as Tier 3 for the solution:
- Liaise between appropriate feature team(s) and Systems Engineering.
- Work with customers for experiments and data collection to resolve escalations.
- (Optionally and when appropriate) review salient portions of the production code.
- Positively impact future product quality and support costs - Turn escalations into:
- KB articles.
- Bugs and feature requests for future builds.
- Diagnostic tool requests.
- Help define and sometimes create diagnostic tools for Teradici products.
- Customer issue reproduction.
3. Competitive System integration
- Install and deploy test builds of competitive or complementary systems.
- Provide feedback to Teradici on usability and capabilities of these systems.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Communicate well internally as well as with customers
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Proactive attitude to unblock issues
- Ability to work independently and as part of an agile team to deliver products in a timely manner
- Effective at dealing with multiple tasks/issues simultaneously
- Able to understand the impact of decisions on other disciplines
- Experience in providing technical product customer support, more than 2 years desired
- We offer a competitive base salary, Success Sharing Bonus (company performance based), retirement savings and attractive benefits package. We also offer three weeks of vacation for the first year (accrued and increased annually, up to 20 days per year)
- Luxury shuttle service to the nearest SkyTrain station
- Underground and secured bike "cage"
- Fully equipped onsite gym, Basketball and "Beach" Volleyball courts
- And you can join our corporate soccer and volleyball teams!