Finance & Administration | Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada | Full Time
Teradici is the creator of the PCoIP remoting protocol technology and Cloud Access Software, the cutting edge solution for a cloud-ready future. The Company, founded in 2004 and based in Vancouver, Canada is focused on its core mission of seamless delivery of workstations and applications for end-users.
Teradici PCoIP® technology brings the next generation of secure remoting technology to the marketplace, enabling visualization of even the most graphics-intensive applications. Teradici Cloud Access Software, built on PCoIP technology, enables enterprises to securely leverage public cloud GPU instances to confidently lift and shift the most graphics-intensive Windows or Linux applications to the public cloud, avoiding costly rewrites.
The company’s technology is deployed by Fortune 500 enterprises, government agencies and service providers from around the world. Teradici also works closely with leading cloud providers to continue delivering the best user experience and enabling our customers the ability to scale to millions of users.
As the Controller, your responsibilities will include planning and directing all accounting operational functions, managing the monthly reporting and preparing the financial statements. Reporting into, and working closely with the VP, Finance, you will be a leader across the business, building relationships with stakeholders outside of finance as you contribute to the success and growth of the business.
The day to day accounting will be your responsibility, as will be overseeing payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and maintenance of the general ledger. You will also be responsible for managing and coaching a team of three.
The ideal candidate will be an accredited accountant with managerial experience gained in the technology industry, particularly in the software and/or SaaS space. The company is seeking someone who takes initiative and possesses strong business acumen. You have a practical mindset for accounting, and are a thoughtful, strategic decision-maker.
As a leader looking to take a step forward in your career, you will be prepared to roll your sleeves up, and have a willingness and ability to work flexibly in a company with evolving operational and business demands.
- Set up and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures, particularly related to new revenue recognition rules under US GAAP
- Implement operational best practices
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Recommend and executes proactive changes for cost saving, cash optimization and process streamlining
- Review alternative accounting and ERP systems and lead integration of new systems if required
- Oversee facilities management
- Present internal financial statements
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Comply with local, provincial/state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings, including international jurisdictions
- Ensure that recordkeeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to management
- Check and verify source documents including invoices and receipts
- Record financial transactions (sales, receipts, purchases and disbursements) in Great Plains Dynamics
- Ensure accuracy of the journals and ledgers
- Oversee and manage the following:
- Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Bank reconciliation
- Transfer pricing
- CPA designation
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce or in Accounting
- Minimum of 7 years of accounting experience, with 5+ years of proven controllership experience
- Experience with Great Plains and manufacturing ERP systems
- Proven leadership and mentorship skills with a track record of advancing junior and intermediate accountants
- Strong team player, who is not afraid to speak up, ask questions and be heard
- Strategic, analytical and tactical abilities and experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- We offer a competitive base salary, Success Sharing Bonus (company performance based), stock option grants, retirement savings and attractive benefits package. We also offer three weeks of vacation for the first year (accrued and increased annually, up to 20 days per year).
- Monthly social events & activities.
- Luxury shuttle service to and from the nearest SkyTrain station.
- Underground and secured bike "cage".
- Fully equipped (and recently renovated) onsite gym, and Basketball and "Beach" Volleyball courts. Or you can join our corporate soccer team or yoga classes.