Associate SW Developer-Cloud Solutions (May 2021 Co-op)
Product Development | Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada | Temporary
In 2004, Teradici set out to create the best virtual desktop and workstation experience in the world, and along the way we've enabled the most demanding use cases with requirements like top secret security, complex IT infrastructures, and intensive graphics performance. Our PCoIP technology fundamentally simplifies how computing is provisioned, managed and used.
With over 15 million endpoints deployed around the globe, we're no startup. Top government agencies, media conglomerates, production studios, financial firms, and design houses trust Teradici to support their need for secure, high-performance virtual desktops and workstations delivered from private data centers, public clouds, or any combination of both.
Our exciting growth and continuing success means that we are looking for an energetic co-op student (Engineering or Computer Science or Physics) to join our Cloud Product Development team. This is an exciting opportunity to participate in the integration of Teradici’s Cloud Access Software with public clouds and to improve how the solution is deployed in the cloud by our business partners and customers. As part of the team, you will help shape how desktop computing is delivered in enterprise environments
- Development of infrastructure-as-code scripts to deploy Cloud Access Software in Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure, respectively, and programming in languages such as Python and Go.
- On-going maintenance of deployment scripts in response to new software versions, security patches, and feature changes in the cloud
- Testing of deployment scripts and development of automated testing and release infrastructure
- Students who have completed at least 2 academic years.
- Students who love to program software (ideally before they joined university) and have an interest in software services.
- Students who love to automate repetitive tasks with code
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code, scripting, automation tools, dev-ops concepts will be ideal
- Experience cloud environments, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform will be ideal.
- Individuals who work well with others, think outside the box and see raising the bar as part of the daily routine.
- Teradici is currently on a temporary Working from Home Initiative.
- Preference will be given to Co-op Students currently enrolled in an Undergraduate program.
- 4 month work term
- Start date: May 2021
- Full-time with possibility of extension and/or permanent career positions
- Please upload the latest copy of your unofficial transcript with your application.
- We develop and nurture our employees to be their best and bring their authentic selves to every team interaction. We strive for a dynamic team environment that is transparent and allows everyone to contribute and be heard.
- The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. As a result of COVID-19, we have implemented a Work From Home initiative for all employees and we encourage our teams to stay connected virtually during this time.
- Once our office is open again, we are excited to offer:
- Monthly social events & activities
- Luxury shuttle service to and from the nearest SkyTrain station
- Underground and secured bike "cage"
- Fully equipped onsite gym, Basketball, "Beach" Volleyball court and weekly yoga classes
- Teradici supports remote work flexibility using our own Cloud Access Software!