Associate SW Developer - Cloud Solutions (Fall 2020 Co-op)
Product Development | Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada | Temporary
Teradici is the creator of the PCoIP remoting protocol technology and Cloud Access Software, the cutting edge solution for a cloud-ready future. The Company, founded in 2004 and based in Vancouver, Canada is focused on its core mission of seamless delivery of workstations and applications for end-users.
Teradici PCoIP® technology brings the next generation of secure remoting technology to the marketplace, enabling visualization of even the most graphics-intensive applications. Teradici Cloud Access Software, built on PCoIP technology, enables enterprises to securely leverage public cloud GPU instances to confidently lift and shift the most graphics-intensive Windows or Linux applications to the public cloud, avoiding costly rewrites.
The company’s technology is deployed by Fortune 500 enterprises, government agencies and service providers from around the world. Teradici also works closely with leading cloud providers to continue delivering the best user experience and enabling our customers the ability to scale to millions of users.
Our exciting growth and continuing success means that we are looking for two (2) energetic co-op students (Engineering or Computer Science or Physics) to join our Cloud Product Development team. This is an exciting opportunity to participate in the integration of Teradici’s Cloud Access Software with public clouds and to improve how the solution is deployed in the cloud by our business partners and customers. As part of the team, you will help shape how desktop computing is delivered in enterprise environments
- Development of infrastructure-as-code scripts to deploy Cloud Access Software in AWS, Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure, respectively, and programming in languages such as Python.
- On-going maintenance of deployment scripts in response to new software versions, security patches, and feature changes in the cloud
- Testing of deployment scripts and development of automated testing and release infrastructure
- Students who have completed at least 2 academic years.
- Students who love to program software (ideally before they joined university) and have an interest in software services.
- Students who love to automate repetitive tasks with code
- Experience with Linux environment, bash and PowerShell scripting
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code, automation tools, dev-ops concepts will be ideal
- Experience cloud environments, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform will be ideal.
- Individuals who work well with others, think outside the box and see raising the bar as part of the daily routine.
- Teradici is currently on a temporary Working from Home Initiative.
- Preference will be given to Co-op Students currently enrolled in an Undergraduate program.
- 4 month work term
- Start date: September 2020
- Full-time with possibility of extension to 8 months and/or permanent career positions
- Please upload the latest copy of your unofficial transcript with your application
- Monthly social events & activities.
- Luxury shuttle service to and from the nearest SkyTrain station.
- Underground and secured bike "cage".
- Fully equipped (and recently renovated) onsite gym, and Basketball and "Beach" Volleyball courts. Or you can join our yoga classes.