Associate Software Developer - SW Clients (January 2021 Co-op)
Product Development | Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada | Temporary
In 2004, Teradici set out to create the best virtual desktop and workstation experience in the world, and along the way we've enabled the most demanding use cases with requirements like top secret security, complex IT infrastructures, and intensive graphics performance. Our PCoIP technology fundamentally simplifies how computing is provisioned, managed and used.
With over 15 million endpoints deployed around the globe, we're no startup. Top government agencies, media conglomerates, production studios, financial firms, and design houses trust Teradici to support their need for secure, high-performance virtual desktops and workstations delivered from private data centers, public clouds, or any combination of both.
Our exciting growth and continuing success means that we are looking for an energetic co-op student (Engineering or Computer Science or Physics) to join our Software Development team. This is an exciting opportunity to participate in the development and testing of Teradici’s software components for our PCoIP family of products and to assist in modernizing our development and build environment. As part of the team, you will help shape how desktop computing is delivered in enterprise environments.
- Development of software components related to Teradici’s Cloud Access Software.
- Software development in C++ and JAVA for application development and Python for test automation.
- Be an active member of a Scrum team and to learn about agile software development.
- Learn about the DevOps culture (a single team responsible for the development and operations of a continuous integration system).
- Development and testing components within a virtual desktop infrastructure.
- Students who have completed at least 2 academic years.
- Students who love to program software (ideally before they joined university) and have an interest in software services.
- Students who have experience with cloud environments, such as Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure.
- Individuals who work well with others, think outside the box and see raising the bar as part of the daily routine.
- Preference will be given to Co-op Students currently enrolled in an Undergraduate program
- Teradici is currently on a Working from Home Initiative
- 4 month work term
- Start date: January 2021
- Full-time with possibility of extension and/or permanent career positions
- Please upload the latest copy of your unofficial transcript with your application
- We develop and nurture our employees to be their best and bring their authentic selves to every team interaction. We strive for a dynamic team environment that is transparent and allows everyone to contribute and be heard.
- The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. As a result of COVID-19, we have implemented a Work From Home initiative for all employees and we encourage our teams to stay connected virtually during this time.
- Once our office is open again, we are excited to offer:
- Monthly social events & activities
- Luxury shuttle service to and from the nearest SkyTrain station
- Underground and secured bike "cage"
- Fully equipped onsite gym, Basketball, "Beach" Volleyball court and weekly yoga classes
- Teradici supports remote work flexibility using our own Cloud Access Software!