Associate Software Developer (January 2021 Co-op)
Product Development | Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada | Temporary
In 2004, Teradici set out to create the best virtual desktop and workstation experience in the world, and along the way we've enabled the most demanding use cases with requirements like top secret security, complex IT infrastructures, and intensive graphics performance. Our PCoIP technology fundamentally simplifies how computing is provisioned, managed and used.
With over 15 million endpoints deployed around the globe, we're no startup. Top government agencies, media conglomerates, production studios, financial firms, and design houses trust Teradici to support their need for secure, high-performance virtual desktops and workstations delivered from private data centers, public clouds, or any combination of both.
We are looking for a talented, creative, and team-oriented co-op student (Computer Science) to join us in developing and testing the next evolution in our industry-leading PCoIP Cloud Access Software, which is used by many of the big names in the Media & Entertainment industry. We are building a new Zero Client based on IoT technologies, running on a custom Linux OS. You will gain exposure to our modern CI systems, learn security best-practices, and work along side your teammates using an Agile/Scrum development process, helping to shape the future of how remote desktop computing is managed, secured, and delivered to enterprise environments.
- Develop software components related to an IoT solution.
- Build software using C/C++ (including modern C++ such as C++14/17), Python, Bash, CMake and others.
- Build and maintain embedded Linux platforms.
- Participate in a Scrum team and learn about agile software development.
- Learn about CI/CD systems.
- Analyze security reports and harden code.
- Develop components within a virtual desktop infrastructure.
- Students who have completed at least 2 academic years.
- Students who love to program software (ideally before they joined university) and have an interest in software services.
- Individuals who work well with others, think outside the box and see raising the bar as part of the daily routine.
Experience with any of the following is a plus:
- CMake or any other build script automation tools
- GNU tools such as gcc, g++, and gdb, or equivalent
- Git or any other distributed version control systems (VCS)
- Unit testing and Mocking frameworks
- Mad Pictionary skills is also a plus (for our virtual hangouts)
- Preference will be given to Co-op Students currently enrolled in an Undergraduate program
- Teradici is currently on a Working from Home Initiative
- 4 month work term
- Start date: January 2021
- Full-time with possibility of extension and/or permanent career positions
- Please upload the latest copy of your unofficial transcript with your application
- We develop and nurture our employees to be their best and bring their authentic selves to every team interaction.
- We strive for a dynamic team environment that is transparent and allows everyone to contribute and be heard.
- The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. As a result of COVID-19, we have implemented a Work From Home initiative for all employees and we encourage our teams to stay connected virtually during this time.
- Once our office is open again, we are excited to offer:
- Monthly social events & activities
- Luxury shuttle service to and from the nearest SkyTrain station
- Underground and secured bike "cage"
- Fully equipped onsite gym, Basketball, "Beach" Volleyball court and weekly yoga classes
- Teradici supports remote work flexibility using our own Cloud Access Software!