Associate Front-End Developer - (Fall 2020 Co-op)
Product Development | Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada | Temporary
Teradici is the creator of the PCoIP remoting protocol technology and Cloud Access Software, the cutting edge solution for a cloud-ready future. The Company, founded in 2004 and based in Vancouver, Canada is focused on its core mission of seamless delivery of workstations and applications for end-users.
Teradici PCoIP® technology brings the next generation of secure remoting technology to the marketplace, enabling visualization of even the most graphics-intensive applications. Teradici Cloud Access Software, built on PCoIP technology, enables enterprises to securely leverage public cloud GPU instances to confidently lift and shift the most graphics-intensive Windows or Linux applications to the public cloud, avoiding costly rewrites.
The company’s technology is deployed by Fortune 500 enterprises, government agencies and service providers from around the world. Teradici also works closely with leading cloud providers to continue delivering the best user experience and enabling our customers the ability to scale to millions of users.
Our exciting growth and continuing success means that we are looking for one (1) energetic co-op student (Engineering or Computer Science or Physics) to join our Software Development team. This is an exciting opportunity to participate in the development and testing of Teradici’s software components for our PCoIP family of products and to assist in modernizing our development and build environment. As part of the team, you will help shape how desktop computing is delivered in enterprise environments.
- Development of software components related to a SaaS (Software as a service) solution
- Software development in ReactJS and testing with Python and Selenium
- Be an active member of a Scrum team and to learn about agile software development
- Learn about the DevOps culture (a single team responsible for the development and operations of a SaaS solution)
- Testing of developed components within a virtual desktop infrastructure
- Students who have completed at least 2 academic years.
- Students who love to program software (ideally before they joined university) and have an interest in software services.
- Students who have experience with cloud environments, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
- Individuals who work well with others, think outside the box and see raising the bar as part of the daily routine.
- Teradici is currently on a temporary Working from Home initiative.
- Preference will be given to Co-op Students currently enrolled in an Undergraduate program.
- 4 month work term
- Start date: September 2020
- Full-time with possibility of extension and/or permanent career positions
- Please upload the latest copy of your unofficial transcript with your application
- Monthly social events & activities.
- Luxury shuttle service to and from the nearest SkyTrain station.
- Underground and secured bike "cage".
- Fully equipped (and recently renovated) onsite gym, and Basketball and "Beach" Volleyball courts. Or you can join our yoga classes.