Team Lead- Sewing Fab
Production | Traverse City, MI | Full Time
Who are we?
Rooted in humility, hard work, and a little weirdness, TentCraft is a juggernaut of manufacturing quality, and has been since 2005. We produce professional marketing elements – including tents, flags, and everything in between – for the most discerning brands and agencies across North America. Our farm-to-table approach means there’s no middleman, resulting in greater project transparency, faster production time, and tighter budget control. Long story short, we’re one big talented wolf pack that’s dedicated to our work, our clients, and our TentCraft family, and we’re not afraid to get our paws dirty. Currently, we’re hunting for some new wolves to add to our pack of creative individuals – you could be one of those wolves!
What are we looking for:
Talented, creative, enthusiastic and motivated people who genuinely care about what they do. This position will report directly to the Value Stream Supervisor in Sewing Fabrication. The Team Lead will work interdepartmentally with a team that is fun, full of energy, does not fear change and is ready to create quality products. A good sense of humor, incredible work ethic and motivation to burst through ceilings are essential. Daily duties include:
- Setting up priorities for the day in roof, wall, and accessory cells and making sure the order is followed and checklists are being signed off
- Answering questions throughout the day regarding standards such as thread, velcro or binding colors
- Working cross functionally on fabrication questions about special or unclear job notes.
- Point person for Project managers and engineering to help design and execute custom projects
- Problem solving within the sewing department wherever necessary
- Help work on improving cellular flow in the sewing department, remember, Make it Better!
- Checking and signing off on sewing daily standards
What you need:
- High School diploma.
- Punctuality and dependability: you are excited to come to work and are willing to stay intil the work is done; this means overtime and some weekends as needed
- Highly motivated to continuously improve; you must be a “Make it Better Champion" and demonstrate this every day
- Detail oriented and creative thinker, must be able to solve problems on the fly
- Willingness to learn and take direction
- Ability to keep up in a fast-paced environment, have the ability to multi-task and reflect a positive attitude towards challenging job requirements
- Possess strong communications and that are healthy to our positive and productive work culture, living and breathing our Guiding Principles
- Enthusiasm and ideas will help you be awesome!
What we’ll give you:
- A work environment that will make your family proud and your friends jealous
- A fun group of coworkers who want nothing more than to see you succeed and will stop at nothing to ensure you do
- Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401k.
We began as a start-up company within a large organization and have experienced rapid and sustainable growth by hiring A+ people who are committed to the continued growth and success of this company. We offer a tremendous work environment, great leadership and all the help you could ever ask for. We aren’t interested in job-hoppers or anybody looking to dip their toes in the water. We want people ready to jump in the deep end and help us continue to gain market share from our competitors, introduce new products and become an even better turn-key vendor for our clients than we currently are. Our goal is for this to be the best job you’ve ever had.
TentCraft, Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, genetic information, disability, or any other characteristics as protected by federal, state or local law.