Supply Chain Manager
Production | Traverse City, MI | Full Time
Who are we?
Rooted in humility, hard work, and a little weirdness, TentCraft is a juggernaut of manufacturing quality, and has been since 2005. We produce professional marketing elements – including tents, flags, and everything in between – for the most discerning brands and agencies across North America. Our farm-to-table approach means there’s no middleman, resulting in greater project transparency, faster production time, and tighter budget control. Long story short, we’re one big talented wolf pack that’s dedicated to our work, our clients, and our TentCraft family, and we’re not afraid to get our paws dirty. Currently, we’re hunting for some new wolves to add to our pack of creative individuals – you could be one of those wolves!
What are we looking for:
Talented, creative, enthusiastic and motivated people who genuinely care about what they do. The Supply Chain Manager position will be responsible for the planning, scheduling, forecasting of all production materials to meet production schedules while maintaining minimal inventory. This is a full time salaried position that will also help oversee shipping, receiving, purchasing and inventory personnel and will report directly to the Chief Operations Officer. A good sense of humor, incredible work ethic and motivation to go above and beyond are essential. If you have any other skills, passions or abilities they will absolutely be utilized and we encourage you to share them with us. A good sense of humor, incredible work ethic and a keen sense for continuous improvement opportunities are essential.
- Review historic demands and future forecasts to develop a data driven inventory control strategy.
- Coach and mentor employees within shipping, receiving, inventory and purchasing departments.
- Implement Kan-Ban systems and establish statistical based inventory levels within MRP / ERP system (i.e. re-order points and order quantities) to support inventory goals.
- Negotiate contracts and support material cost out initiatives to meet annual cash saving goals and product cost goals.
- Lead supplier development activities (foreign and domestic) including corrective action, to ensure quality, price and on-time delivery goals are consistently met through the use of an approved supplier process.
- Assist Product Engineering with the management of the item master section within the ERP system.
- Coordinate the logistics of all customer shipments and negotiate freight and ground contracts.
- Prepare and sustain procurement related standard work documentation and work flow that is compliant with an ISO system.
- Develop and maintain a buyer / seller contract system as well as annual budgets for the purchasing of all materials.
- Create and sustain a well-organized manufacturing area that meets 6S goals.
- Responsible for cycle count strategy and inventory accuracy.
- Develop business metrics to accurately reflect performance (i.e. stock-out %, fill-rate %, turn-rate, inventory accuracy, inventory cost, shipping accuracy, receiving accuracy etc.).
What you need:
- Resumes are essential and we know you spent countless hours editing and tailoring it to TentCraft's Supply Chain Manager job posting, but we also want to know the more authentic story of you and why you want to work with us here atTentCraft; so a cover letter is required to be considered for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Engineering, Operations Management, or a related field required.
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems.
- Thorough understanding of Supply Chain Management concepts surrounding inventory control, logistics, production planning, purchasing and stockroom operations.
- Working knowledge of ISO standards highly preferred.
- Knowledge of process variation reduction concepts: strong problem solving skills required with proven statistical/analytical abilities (Excel data interrogation skills are a must).
- Must be a LEAN thinker with experience to boot; Six Sigma certification, green, yellow or black belt, highly preferred
- 3-5 years of combined experience in operations, manufacturing and supply chain management with proven efficiency of estimating and managing budgets.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Although a small percentage of the time, you must have the ability and willingness to travel both foreign and domestic.
What we’ll give you:
- Opportunity – you won’t do busy work or avoid rocking the boat; you’ll have a palpable impact, contributing directly to operational success and expansion.
- A flexible work schedule. Work/life balance is important to us, and we encourage you to be active outside the office! Though, flexibility also means being available for extended hours when needed
- A job that will make all your friends jealous
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, 21 paid days off per year
- Health and Wellness program which includes $100.00 Cash, Free use of our fleet of SUP’s, Kayaks, and Snowshoes, Community Supported Agriculture program, and more!
- A plant. Yep, you buy it, we will reimburse you for it; desks need life too…
We began as a start-up company within a large organization and have experienced rapid and sustainable growth by hiring A+ people who are committed to the continued growth and success of this company. We offer a tremendous work environment, great leadership and all the help you could ever ask for. We aren’t interested in job-hoppers or anybody looking to dip their toes in the water. We want people ready to jump in the deep end and help us continue to gain market share from our competitors, introduce new products and become an even better turn-key vendor for our clients than we currently are. Our goal is for this to be the best job you’ve ever had.
TentCraft, Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, genetic information, disability, or any other characteristics as protected by federal, state or local law.