Supply Chain Manager
Production | Traverse City, MI | Full Time
Who are we?
Rooted in humility, hard work, and some fun and a little weirdness (one of our six ‘Guiding Principles’), TentCraft is a capabilities rich manufacturer with a no-shame obsession with the world of experiential and outdoor marketing. We live, work and play in Traverse City, Michigan, and while you’ll find our work nationwide, we operate together from a single facility. Everything we design, engineer, build, print and sew happens under one roof and is proudly American made. Long story short, we’re one big talented team of LEAN thinkers dedicated to Make it Better from sea to shining sea for our clients and our TentCraft family. We’ve always got continuous improvement on our minds and creative solutions are our jam, so if we need to get a little scrappy to make magic actually happen, we’re down for that.
Cool, right? Sound like you? Let’s talk.
What are we looking for:
Getting our products into the hands of our customers and clients with precise quality and faster than lightening speed starts with you; this is meaningful work that you can look forward to every day! The Supply Chain Manager position is responsible for the planning, scheduling, and forecasting of all production materials to meet production schedules while maintaining minimal inventory (this is a big deal to us). This is a full time salaried position that will also oversee the performance and productivity of purchasing and inventory personnel (3 employees in total) including shipping and receiving, and will report directly to the VP of Manufacturing. A good sense of humor, incredible work ethic and a keen sense for continuous improvement opportunities are essential.
- Review historic demands and future forecasts to develop a data driven inventory control strategy.
- Coach and mentor employees within shipping, receiving, inventory and purchasing departments.
- Implement Kan-Ban systems and establish statistical based inventory levels within MRP / ERP system (i.e. re-order points and order quantities) to support inventory goals.
- Negotiate contracts and support material cost out initiatives to meet annual cash saving goals and product cost goals.
- Lead supplier development activities (foreign and domestic) including corrective action, to ensure quality, price and on-time delivery goals are consistently met through the use of an approved supplier process.
- Assist Product Engineering with the management of the item master section within the ERP system.
- Coordinate the logistics of all customer shipments and negotiate freight and ground contracts.
- Prepare and sustain procurement related standard work documentation and work flow that is compliant with an ISO system.
- Develop and maintain a buyer / seller contract system as well as annual budgets for the purchasing of all materials.
- Responsible for cycle count strategy and inventory accuracy.
- Develop business metrics to accurately reflect performance (i.e. stock-out %, fill-rate %, turn-rate, inventory accuracy, inventory cost, shipping accuracy, receiving accuracy etc.).
What you need:
- A cover letter is required to be considered for this position- Resumes are essential and we know you spent countless hours editing and tailoring it, but we also want to know the more authentic story of you and why you want to work with us here at TentCraft.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Engineering, Operations Management, or a related field required.
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems.
- Thorough understanding of Supply Chain Management concepts surrounding inventory control, logistics, production planning, purchasing and stockroom operations.
- Working knowledge of ISO standards highly preferred.
- Knowledge of process variation reduction concepts: strong problem solving skills required with proven statistical/analytical abilities (Excel data interrogation skills are a must).
- Must be a LEAN thinker with experience to boot; Six Sigma certification, green, yellow or black belt, highly preferred
- 5 years of combined experience in operations, manufacturing and supply chain management with proven efficiency of estimating and managing budgets.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Although a small percentage of the time, you must have the ability and willingness to travel both foreign and domestic.
What we’ll give you:
- A market competitive compensation package including voluntary health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plan
- A work-life balance; we have families too, let’s work together and identify what that balance looks like for you as it relates to Paid Time Off
- Matching 401k (ROTH or Traditional)
- Annual Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Plant reimbursement (yep, we pay you to put a plant in the office!)
- All of the direction and ongoing support you could ever ask for
- A work culture to be proud of, we respect one another, accomplish a TON, and have fun doing it
- A plant. Yep, you buy it, we will reimburse you for it; desks need life too…
We began as a start-up company within a large organization and have experienced rapid and sustainable growth by hiring A+ people who are committed to the continued growth and success of this company. We offer a tremendous work environment, great leadership and all the help you could ever ask for. We aren’t interested in job-hoppers or anybody looking to dip their toes in the water. We want people ready to jump in the deep end and help us continue to gain market share from our competitors, introduce new products and become an even better turn-key vendor for our clients than we currently are. Our goal is for this to be the best job you’ve ever had.
TentCraft, Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, genetic information, disability, or any other characteristics as protected by federal, state or local law.