Seasonal General Production- Metal Fab
Production | Traverse City, MI | Full Time
Who are we?
Rooted in humility, hard work, and a little weirdness, TentCraft is a juggernaut of manufacturing quality, and has been since 2005. We produce professional marketing elements – including tents, flags, and everything in between – for the most discerning brands and agencies across North America. Our farm-to-table approach means there’s no middleman, resulting in greater project transparency, faster production time, and tighter budget control. Long story short, we’re one big talented wolf pack that’s dedicated to our work, our clients, and our TentCraft family, and we’re not afraid to get our paws dirty. Currently, we’re hunting for some new wolves to add to our pack of creative individuals – you could be one of those wolves!
What are we looking for:
Talented, creative, enthusiastic and motivated people who genuinely care about what they do. The Seasonal General Production employee is an hourly position that will work April through August, Monday – Friday, additionally could be asked to work 10 hour shifts and/or weekend work as needed supporting multiple production departments. This position requires the willingness to go the extra mile and flexible to work extra hours required to support strict deadlines is a must for this position, if you have capacity issues that do not allow you to be flexible with this schedule then this position is not for you. A good sense of humor, incredible work ethic and motivation to burst through ceilings are essential. If you have any other skills, passions or abilities they will absolutely be utilized, and we encourage you to share them with us. Below you’ll find a list of the departments this position will be supporting and a brief description of what each area will entail:
- Metal Fabrication: Assemble pop up tent frames, the corresponding sub-assembly components and tent accessories.
- Quality Assurance: Quality control- setting up finished product (tents) and inspection for quality, tear down and prepare product to be shipped.
- Logistics Shipping & Receiving: Ensure that items delivered match items on purchase order, inspect incoming freight for damage goods, greet delivery drivers and unload inventory as required.
As a vertically integrated manufacturing company with lightning fast turnaround times, accuracy can be the difference between meeting a customer’s need or watching them walk straight into the arms of our growing competition, so yeah, if you love details and you love problem solving on the fly we want to talk to you about working at TentCraft.
What you need:
- Trustworthy, punctual and dependable.
- Frame of mind to be excellent and make excellent products.
- The capacity to be flexible with your schedule.
- To be able to think like a customer, detail oriented and quality driven.
- Have a mindset to continuously improve processes as well as themselves.
- Strong desire to Make it Better.
- Willingness to learn, take direction and respect others.
- Ability to keep up in a fast-paced team environment, have the ability to multi-task and reflect a positive attitude towards challenging job requirements.
- Enthusiasm and ideas are a must!
What we’ll give you:
- A work environment that will make your family proud and your friends jealous
- A fun group of coworkers who want nothing more than to see you succeed and will stop at nothing to ensure you do
We began as a start-up company within a large organization and have experienced rapid and sustainable growth by hiring A+ people who are committed to the continued growth and success of this company. We offer a tremendous work environment, great leadership and all the help you could ever ask for. We aren’t interested in job-hoppers or anybody looking to dip their toes in the water. We want people ready to jump in the deep end and help us continue to gain market share from our competitors, introduce new products and become an even better turn-key vendor for our clients than we currently are. Our goal is for this to be the best job you’ve ever had.
How To Apply
Submit your resume with a well crafted cover letter expressing why you are interested in the position and why you want to work at TentCraft. That simple!
TentCraft, Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, genetic information, disability, or any other characteristics as protected by federal, state or local law.