Quality Assurance and Frame Tent Specialist
Production | Traverse City, MI | Full Time
Who are we?
Rooted in humility, hard work, and a little weirdness, TentCraft is a juggernaut of manufacturing quality, and has been since 2005. We produce professional marketing elements – including tents, flags, and everything in between – for the most discerning brands and agencies across North America. Our farm-to-table approach means there’s no middleman, resulting in greater project transparency, faster production time, and tighter budget control. Long story short, we’re one big talented wolf pack that’s dedicated to our work, our clients, and our TentCraft family, and we’re not afraid to get our paws dirty. Currently, we’re hunting for some new wolves to add to our pack of creative individuals – you could be one of those wolves!
What are we looking for:
Talented, creative, enthusiastic and motivated people who genuinely care about what they do. The Frame Tent Specialist position is an hourly role that will be responsible for supporting the fabrication of our largest tent products and will report directly to the Production Manager. This position will flexibly support our Quality Assurance team and other production departments. Willingness to go the extra mile and flexibly work extra hours required to support strict deadlines is a must for this position, if you have capacity issues that do not allow you to be flexible with this schedule then this position is not for you. A good sense of humor, incredible work ethic and motivation to burst through ceilings are essential. If you have any other skills, passions or abilities they will absolutely be utilized and we encourage you to share them with us.
What you will be responsible for:
- This person will be responsible for setting up finished product (tents) and inspection for quality.
- Tear down and prepare product to be shipped.
- Follow and understand specific guidelines and quality assurance checks to ensure a world class product for our customers.
- Additionally, you will be responsible for assisting in the manufacturing of Frame Tent Roofs and accessories.
- Follow and understand specific fabrication guidelines and quality assurance checks to ensure a world class product for our customers.
- Machine maintenance and cleanliness according to PM documents.
- Cross training in other departments when needed.
What you need:
- Trustworthy, punctual and dependable.
- Frame of mind to be excellent and make excellent products.
- The capacity to be flexible with your schedule.
- To be able to think like a customer, detail oriented and quality driven.
- Have a mindset to Continuously Improve processes as well as themselves.
- Willingness to learn, take direction and respect others.
- Ability to keep up in a fast-paced team environment, have the ability to multi-task and reflect a positive attitude towards challenging job requirements.
- Manufacturing, building or fabrication experience desired, but not necessary.
- Enthusiasm and ideas are a must!
What we’ll give you:
- A work environment that will make your family proud and your friends jealous
- A fun group of coworkers who want nothing more than to see you succeed and will stop at nothing to ensure you do
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, 21 paid days off per year, cell phone reimbursement, health and wellness reimbursement, and more!
We began as a start-up company within a large organization and have experienced rapid and sustainable growth by hiring A+ people who are committed to the continued growth and success of this company. We offer a tremendous work environment, great leadership and all the help you could ever ask for. We aren’t interested in job-hoppers or anybody looking to dip their toes in the water. We want people ready to jump in the deep end and help us continue to gain market share from our competitors, introduce new products and become an even better turn-key vendor for our clients than we currently are. Our goal is for this to be the best job you’ve ever had.
TentCraft, Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, genetic information, disability, or any other characteristics as protected by federal, state or local law.