Project Management | Traverse City, MI | Full Time
Who are we?
Rooted in humility, hard work, and a little weirdness, TentCraft is a juggernaut of manufacturing quality, and has been since 2005. We produce professional marketing elements – including tents, flags, and everything in between – for the most discerning brands and agencies across North America. Our farm-to-table approach means there’s no middleman, resulting in greater project transparency, faster production time, and tighter budget control. Long story short, we’re one big talented wolf pack that’s dedicated to our work, our clients, and our TentCraft family, and we’re not afraid to get our paws dirty. Currently, we’re hunting for some new wolves to add to our pack of creative individuals – you could be one of those wolves!
What are we looking for:
Talented, creative, enthusiastic and motivated people who genuinely care about what they do. The TentCraft team has an excited, fun and positive attitude while assisting customers with sales and product information. A good sense of humor, creative mindset and passion for customer service are needed. The skill to collaborate and sling an occasional one liner or metaphor would score you bonus points.
We are in need of one new Project Manager at the moment. Project Managers act as a liaison between sales, the customer, art, production, and shipping. That’s a lot, right? Because of this, you must be incredibly organized, efficient, patient and tall. Just kidding about the tall part, but you do need to be an excellent communicator and have above average computer and data entry abilities. Our Project Management team touches every job that leaves our facility and must be able to thrive in a sometimes stressful and fast paced environment. It is likely that you will be pulled many different directions and therefore remaining calm and cool under pressure is paramount. Once you have gained the necessary product knowledge and have proven to be a successful and valuable member of our team, opportunities for advancement will be available if you’d like to move around as we continue to grow.
Essential Job Functions:
- Data Entry into our CRM (SalesForce) with extreme attention to detail
- Creating and working within Excel and Google Docs
- Execute Purchase Orders, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Bills of Lading, and other authorizing agreements
- Liaison between all departments, literally, you work with every other department… you are a true business partner
- Communicating with FedEx in the event of delivery exceptions to help get the customer their product, possibly with tight timelines for events
- Answering phones, emails and in person inquiries…possibly simultaneously
- Balancing best client outcomes with interest of the business
- Understanding of all internal controls and departmental processes in order to best serve end customer. (Ex: Adobe Illustrator, Salesforce Quoting, Fabrication Methods, etc.)
- Manage workload of a team of Sales Reps- this is where your flawless communication skills kick in to high gear, they are your core internal customers
- TentCraft is committed to the core on Continuous Improvement initiatives, your participation is a must
What you need:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Must play nice with others; experience in a client/customer service industry highly preferred
- We value work life balance, but sometimes our clients and internal partner needs may require you to be available outside of typical office hours
- Ability to make effective business decisions in a somewhat stressful environment
- Multi-tasking level: EXPERT- can handle being pulled away from a task but also find their way back quickly
- Familiarity with common computer applications including Google Docs and Sheets
- Flexibility to change and grow with a process that is always evolving i.e. new systems and software
- To really care about the work and your team (We need someone who cares about getting the customer what they need when they need it, because you want to, not because you have to. No exceptions.)
- Patience. Sometimes the work is stressful
- Fun and a little weirdness, it’s one of TentCraft’s core values, and a big part of the PM team. We work hard and have fun while we’re doing it
What we’ll give you:
- Opportunity – you won’t do busy work or avoid rocking the boat; you’ll have a palpable impact, contributing directly to operational success and expansion.
- A flexible work schedule. Work/life balance is important to us, and we encourage you to be active outside the office! Though, flexibility also means being available for extended hours when needed
- A job that will make all your friends jealous
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, 21 paid days off per year, cell phone reimbursement, health and wellness reimbursement, and more!
We began as a start-up company within a large organization and have experienced rapid and sustainable growth by hiring A+ people who are committed to the continued growth and success of this company. We offer a tremendous work environment, great leadership and all the help you could ever ask for. We aren’t interested in job-hoppers or anybody looking to dip their toes in the water. We want people ready to jump in the deep end and help us continue to gain market share from our competitors, introduce new products and become an even better turn-key vendor for our clients than we currently are. Our goal is for this to be the best job you’ve ever had.
TentCraft, Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, genetic information, disability, or any other characteristics as protected by federal, state or local law.