Production Floor Supervisor
Production | Traverse City, MI | Full Time
Who are we?
Rooted in humility, hard work, and a little weirdness, TentCraft is a juggernaut of manufacturing quality, and has been since 2005. We produce professional marketing elements – including tents, flags, and everything in between – for the most discerning brands and agencies across North America. Our farm-to-table approach means there’s no middleman, resulting in greater project transparency, faster production time, and tighter budget control. Long story short, we’re one big talented wolf pack that’s dedicated to our work, our clients, and our TentCraft family, and we’re not afraid to get our paws dirty. Currently, we’re hunting for some new wolves to add to our pack of creative individuals – you could be one of those wolves!
What are we looking for:
Talented, creative, enthusiastic and motivated people who genuinely care about what they do. This Production Supervisor position is an hourly role that will be responsible for leading the metal fabrication area, process flow and people skills are your biggest asset! At times, you will be called on for maintenance and general operation of CNC equipment, minor manual machining tasks and assisting with inventory management. TentCraft is a young, growing company, and the perfect fit for this role will be someone without a ton of experience, but eager to learn and grow their career with us. The Production Supervisor will work interdepartmentally with a team that is fun, full of energy, does not fear change and is ready to create quality products. A good sense of humor, incredible work ethic and motivation to burst through ceilings are essential. If you have any other skills, passions or abilities they will absolutely be utilized and we encourage you to share them with us.
- This person will be responsible for the day to day operation of the Metal Fabrication area under the guidance of the Engineering Manager, with a focus on people, process and metrics
- Operate CNC equipment; although there are operators working under your guidance, you must be able and willing (to learn) to operate in the absence of other team members
- Help create and track metrics pertaining to the performance of the Metal Fabrication area and rally the team around them
- A growth oriented individual who is looking for an opportunity utilize existing skills with a focus on Lean Management techniques
- Perform and track daily preventative maintenance of equipment
- Help design and implement Lean Management strategies for inventory as it pertains to Metal Fabrication
- Identify and help implement potential process improvements as well as error proofing opportunities
What you need:
- Desire to lead a team of people. Yes, be excited about (learning) machining and set up, but in this role, people and process are the focus
- Mechanical aptitude; schooling or specialized training highly desired, but we are willing to coach the right person
- Genuine interest in data and performance measurement, you will be tasked with growing the team and the capacity as we continue to grow
- Ability to take ownership of a process, ensure that it runs according to design and continuously improve it
- Experience with CNC machining a plus
- Good interpersonal and mentoring skills
- Willingness to do what it takes to get the job done on time, including overtime when necessary
- Team player who can adjust on the fly and help out where needed
What we’ll give you:
- A work environment that will make your family proud and your friends jealous
- A fun group of coworkers who want nothing more than to see you succeed and will stop at nothing to ensure you do
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, 21 paid days off per year, cell phone reimbursement, health and wellness reimbursement, and more!
We began as a start-up company within a large organization and have experienced rapid and sustainable growth by hiring A+ people who are committed to the continued growth and success of this company. We offer a tremendous work environment, great leadership and all the help you could ever ask for. We aren’t interested in job-hoppers or anybody looking to dip their toes in the water. We want people ready to jump in the deep end and help us continue to gain market share from our competitors, introduce new products and become an even better turn-key vendor for our clients than we currently are. Our goal is for this to be the best job you’ve ever had.
TentCraft, Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, genetic information, disability, or any other characteristics as protected by federal, state or local law.