Sales | Traverse City, MI | Full Time
Who are we?
Rooted in humility, hard work, and a little weirdness, TentCraft is a juggernaut of manufacturing quality, and has been since 2005. We produce professional marketing elements – including tents, flags, and everything in between – for the most discerning brands and agencies across North America. Our farm-to-table approach means there’s no middleman, resulting in greater project transparency, faster production time, and tighter budget control. Long story short, we’re one big talented wolf pack that’s dedicated to our work, our clients, and our TentCraft family, and we’re not afraid to get our paws dirty. Currently, we’re hunting for some new wolves to add to our pack of creative individuals – you could be one of those wolves!
What are we looking for:
Our people are our greatest asset and our unique differentiator. The TentCraft sales squad is high energy and always committed to providing world-class customer service. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and willing to take on any challenge. Being able to relate and communicate effectively to all walks of life is a must as we work with Fortune 500 companies to small local start-ups. Our inside sales team is organized and have a keen attention to detail, so listening and retaining information is key. The right person will begin working on our Inside Sales team converting inbound leads to lifelong TentCraft clients, primarily via engaging phone calls and well written, personalized emails. Our current target market is the event marketing world where the ability to create and maintain high-level client relationships is paramount. We strive to provide the best customer service experience in any market or product category (remember, world-class!), therefore working before/after normal work hours from home is often expected (at least we’re honest!). Our high-end product offering, customer centric, and continuous improvement focused culture makes for a unique, fun (probably a little weird) and challenging sales environment. This is not your walk in the park or cut-throat sales gig, you will be required to meet aggressive sales goals while growing personally and professionally. Our goal is to ‘Make it Better’, your individual contributions are counted on, acknowledged, and celebrated.
What you need:
- Cover letter, creatively and uniquely qualifying yourself for the role.
- A Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, advertising, interpretive dance, arctic engineering, or related field (just have a degree. Who knew what they wanted to be when they were 18?!)
- Experience in a service industry (bartending, waiting tables, it all counts!)
- The ability to work before/after typical office hours as work may demand
- Possess strong written and oral communications skills (Don't take this as fluff. . .we are serious. Communication is a big deal here. Writing samples required.)
- The ability to regularly use good judgment and discretion to make educated decisions for the greater good of the company (you won't be babysat and you are empowered to "do" rather than ''ask")
- Familiarity with common computer applications (Is this even necessary in a posting anymore?)
- Thick skin. You are going to make mistakes, we all have. It's how you bounce back that we are interested in.
- Enthusiasm and ideas. We continue to grow because our people are bigger, faster, stronger and smarter than our competitors. A+ people only.
What we’ll give you:
- A work environment that will make your family proud and your friends jealous
- A fun group of coworkers who want nothing more than to see you succeed and will stop at nothing to ensure you do
- All of the training and ongoing support you could ever ask for.
- A paycheck every 2 weeks, with the opportunity for additional commissions.
- A flexible work schedule. Work/life balance is important to us, and we encourage you to be active outside the office!
- Excellent benefits package including 21 days of paid time off, medical, dental, vision, 401k with company match and more.
We began as a start-up company within a large organization and have experienced rapid and sustainable growth by hiring A+ people who are committed to the continued growth and success of this company. We offer a tremendous work environment, great leadership and all the help you could ever ask for. We aren’t interested in job-hoppers or anybody looking to dip their toes in the water. We want people ready to jump in the deep end and help us continue to gain market share from our competitors, introduce new products and become an even better turn-key vendor for our clients than we currently are. Our goal is for this to be the best job you’ve ever had.
TentCraft, Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, genetic information, disability, or any other characteristics as protected by federal, state or local law.