Human Resources Coordinator (Part Time)
Administration | Traverse City, MI | Part Time
Who are we?
Rooted in humility, hard work, and a little weirdness, TentCraft is a juggernaut of manufacturing quality, and has been since 2005. We produce professional marketing elements – including tents, flags, and everything in between – for the most discerning brands and agencies across North America. Our farm-to-table approach means there’s no middleman, resulting in greater project transparency, faster production time, and tighter budget control. Long story short, we’re one big talented wolf pack that’s dedicated to our work, our clients, and our TentCraft family, and we’re not afraid to get our paws dirty. Currently, we’re hunting for some new wolves to add to our pack of creative individuals – you could be one of those wolves!
What are we looking for:
You are an energetic, fun (and a little weird), task driven, admin ninja who loves to check boxes. As a member of the Department of People, the HR Coordinator supports the day-to-day Human Resources practices and objectives that help drive TentCraft’s high performance culture. Our people are our most valued assets, so providing world class internal customer support is always your top priority. As part of a small team supporting a diverse workforce, there will be a broad set of HR disciplines to help support: recruiting, onboarding, payroll, benefits, reporting, company communications, and various other department administrative tasks as assigned. As we strive to ‘Make it Better’, a continuous improvement mindset is a must.
You are excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Be working a Part Time position, so the idea of a flexible work schedule excites you; need Friday off or need to be to class on time? Or maybe you need to pick the kiddo up early from Daycare? No sweat, let’s talk about it!
- Provide administrative support as it relates to recruiting and onboarding activities
- You are the gate keeper of employee information, you will live and breathe inside our HRIS system (ADP), ensuring timely entry of data and protecting its integrity
- Coordinate new hire onboarding and deliver pieces of content (HR systems introduction and office tour)
- Coordinate newly eligible benefit meetings designed to help employees obtain information and understand company benefits and other related incentive programs
- Help maintain employee benefits filing and ensure benefit changes are entered appropriately in the HRIS system and communicated to our Broker timely
- Update and maintain employee files
- Complete verification of employment (VOE) inquiries
- Help maintain company organization charts
- Assist payroll in audits and reconciliation of monthly carrier premium statements
- Assist with other department responsibilities as assigned
We are excited about you because you…
- Included a cover letter, creatively and uniquely qualifying yourself for this role specifically at TentCraft
- Earned a Bachelor's degree or have commensurate experience
- Are Humble and passionate about helping others
- Have exceptional organizational skills and outstanding interpersonal skills: must display patience, humor and helpfulness at all times – front line contact for general employee inquiries
- Are hands-on, detail-oriented, and process-minded and cope well with a high volume of administrative tasks
- You have the ability to work independently, accurately, and under time constraints
- Exhibit the highest level of integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality when dealing with sensitive private company or employee information
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Office productivity, including proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
What we'll give you:
- All of the training and ongoing support you could ever ask for.
- A flexible work schedule. Work/life balance is important to us, and we encourage you to be active outside the office!
- A work culture that will make your friends jealous
We began as a start-up company within a large organization and have experienced rapid and sustainable growth by hiring A+ people who are committed to the continued growth and success of this company. We offer a tremendous work environment, great leadership and all the help you could ever ask for. We aren’t interested in job-hoppers or anybody looking to dip their toes in the water. We want people ready to jump in the deep end and help us continue to gain market share from our competitors, introduce new products and become an even better turn-key vendor for our clients than we currently are. Our goal is for this to be the best job you’ve ever had.
TentCraft, Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, genetic information, disability, or any other characteristics as protected by federal, state or local law.