Digital Print Operator (2nd Shift)
Production | Traverse City, MI | Full Time
Who are we?
Rooted in humility, hard work, and a little weirdness, TentCraft is a juggernaut of manufacturing quality, and has been since 2005. We produce professional marketing elements – including tents, flags, and everything in between – for the most discerning brands and agencies across North America. Our farm-to-table approach means there’s no middleman, resulting in greater project transparency, faster production time, and tighter budget control. Long story short, we’re one big talented wolf pack that’s dedicated to our work, our clients, and our TentCraft family, and we’re not afraid to get our paws dirty. Currently, we’re hunting for some new wolves to add to our pack of creative individuals – you could be one of those wolves!
What are we looking for:
Talented, creative, enthusiastic and motivated people who genuinely care about what they do. The Digital Print Operator will report directly to the Print Value Stream Supervisor. This is a 2nd OR 3rd Shift opportunity, you tell us what works best for you, we can be flexible! A good sense of humor, incredible work ethic and motivation to go above and beyond are essential. If you have any other skills, passions or abilities they will absolutely be utilized and we encourage you to share them with us.
- Operate and maintain large format printers
- Understand color theory to match pantone colors to meet customer expectations.
- Communicate interdepartmentally to ensure that proper job priority is followed, changes needed for jobs are made and daily productivity goals are met to satisfy flow requirements.
- Review instructions to prepare job before printing to ensure accuracy.
- Continuously improve everything and support root cause and preventative action measures.
- Maintain daily print production logs as needed.
- Perform quality checks and work with the entire team for all jobs to strive for 100% Quality of all orders.
- Support and sustain 6S standards.
- Maintain inventory of all necessary supplies.
- Perform routine PMs and operator maintenance as required.
- Provides technical support, data collection and assistance to improve the processes of all print operations.
- Provide support for quality related projects.
- Assist as needed with the development of new equipment and processes.
- Participates in cross-training to be proficient in a variety of processes.
What you need:
- High School diploma. AA or BFA preferred.
- Graphic design skills a plus!
- Experience with large format printers (i.e. UV, Dye-Sub, Plotters, and Decal) and rip software.
- Experience in finishing techniques such as weeding, laminating, heat pressing and application is desired.
- Able to work under pressure, high volume and high quality work.
- Able to lift 50lbs or more.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Highly motivated to continuously improve.
- Detail oriented and creative thinker.
- Willingness to learn and take direction.
- Ability to keep up in a fast-paced environment, have the ability to multi-task and reflect a positive attitude towards challenging job requirements
- Possess strong communications and that are healthy to our positive and productive work culture (Don’t take this as fluff…we are serious. Communication is a big deal here)
- Punctual and dependable.
What we’ll give you:
- Opportunity – you won’t do busy work or avoid rocking the boat; you’ll have a palpable impact, contributing directly to operational success and expansion.
- A flexible work schedule. Work/life balance is important to us, and we encourage you to be active outside the office! Though, flexibility also means being available for extended hours when needed
- A job that will make all your friends jealous
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, 21 paid days off per year, cell phone reimbursement, health and wellness reimbursement, and more!
We began as a start-up company within a large organization and have experienced rapid and sustainable growth by hiring A+ people who are committed to the continued growth and success of this company. We offer a tremendous work environment, great leadership and all the help you could ever ask for. We aren’t interested in job-hoppers or anybody looking to dip their toes in the water. We want people ready to jump in the deep end and help us continue to gain market share from our competitors, introduce new products and become an even better turn-key vendor for our clients than we currently are. Our goal is for this to be the best job you’ve ever had.
TentCraft, Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, genetic information, disability, or any other characteristics as protected by federal, state or local law.