Content Marketing Manager
Marketing | Traverse City, MI | Full Time
Who are we?
Rooted in humility, hard work, and some fun and a little weirdness (one of our six ‘Guiding Principles’), TentCraft is a capabilities rich manufacturer with a no-shame obsession with the world of experiential and outdoor marketing. We live, work and play in Traverse City, Michigan, and while you’ll find our work nationwide, we operate together from a single facility. Everything we design, engineer, build, print and sew happens under one roof and is proudly American made. Long story short, we’re one big talented team of LEAN thinkers dedicated to Make it Better from sea to shining sea for our clients and our TentCraft family. We’ve always got continuous improvement on our minds and creative solutions are our jam, so if we need to get a little scrappy to make magic actually happen, we’re down for that.
Cool, right? Sound like you? Let’s talk.
What we are looking for:
Content Marketing Manager oversees all content marketing initiatives, both internal and external, across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behavior. This individual is an expert in all things related to content and channel optimization, brand consistency, segmentation and measurement. The position collaborates regularly with the sales team and other departments to help shape the brand story we communicate to prospects and customers.
Ultimately, the job of the Content Marketing Manager is to think like a publisher/journalist, leading the development of content initiatives in all forms to drive new and current business. This includes:
- Yes, you are a strategist, but equally, you are a creative and polished writer
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, video, pitches
- Mapping out a content strategy that supports marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why. Continuous evolvement of the content strategy is a must
- The development of a functional content calendar
- Supervising third party content creation support from third party contractors or agencies
- Collaborate with marketing and sales team to conduct ongoing usability tests to measure content effectiveness and make recommendations based on those results
- Developing standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies
- Leveraging market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical behavioral metrics
- Establishing workflow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content
- Conduct periodic competitive audits
- Oversee the maintenance of content inventories within Highspot platform
- Supervising content creation and submission from various company departments
- Work closely with company’s internal/external design team on all creative and branding initiatives to ensure a consistent message across channels
The Content Marketing Manager is measured on the continual improvement of customer nurturing and retention through storytelling, as well as the increase in new prospects entering the sales funnel. Success criteria include:
- Positive brand recognition and consistency across chosen published channels
- An increase in defined customer engagement metrics (measured by users taking the desired action…i.e. conversions, quotes, purchase, etc)
- Website traffic growth
- Conversion metrics definition and growth
- Increases in key search engine keyword rankings
- Clearly defining content distribution during particular stages of the buying cycle (lead nurturing)
- Identifying up-sell and cross-sell opportunities through content analysis, and deploying content assets for higher conversion rates
Primary criteria for success are customer and employee affinity. Success is measured around lifetime customer value, customer satisfaction, and employee advocacy.
What you need:
- Include a cover letter that creatively and uniquely qualifies you for this role at TentCraft
- Bachelor’s degree (Degree in English, Journalism or related communications field is a plus)
- A minimum of 3 years experience with multi-channel content creation.
- Experience/familiarity with search engine optimization: keyword research, optimizing content, tracking results
- Experience with segmenting and creating compelling messages for different audiences
- Experience creating supporting graphics and visuals for content pieces is a plus
What we’ll give you:
- A market competitive compensation package including voluntary health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- A work-life balance; we have families too, let’s work together and identify what that balance looks like for you as it relates to Paid Time Off
- Matching 401k (ROTH or Traditional)
- Annual Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Plant reimbursement (yep, we pay you to put a plant in the office!)
- All of the direction and ongoing support you could ever ask for
- A work culture to be proud of, we respect one another, accomplish a TON, and have fun doing it
A few years ago, we were a start-up company. Flash forward to now; we’ve experienced rapid and sustainable growth by hiring A+ people who support our goals to gain market share from our competitors, introduce new products and provide turn-key service to our clients. If you can bring that to the table, we’re going to serve up some good stuff, too; it’s an awesome work environment with great leadership and guidance, and a unique opportunity to see your work in some really cool projects. You’ve got to be someone who isn’t scared of trying something new and hunkering down to get the work done, so if that’s you, we’ve got room at our table. You can sit with us.
TentCraft, Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, genetic information, disability, or any other characteristics as protected by federal, state or local law.