Business Development Associate
Sales | Traverse City, MI | Full Time
Who are we?
Rooted in humility, hard work, and a little weirdness, TentCraft is a juggernaut of manufacturing quality, and has been since 2005. We produce professional marketing elements – including tents, flags, and everything in between – for the most discerning brands and agencies across North America. Our farm-to-table approach means there’s no middleman, resulting in greater project transparency, faster production time, and tighter budget control. Long story short, we’re one big talented wolf pack that’s dedicated to our work, our clients, and our TentCraft family, and we’re not afraid to get our paws dirty. Currently, we’re hunting for some new wolves to add to our pack of creative individuals – you could be one of those wolves!
What are we looking for:
TentCraft is currently seeking energetic and personable Business Development Representatives to join our existing sales team.
Business Development Associates will be responsible for proactive outbound prospecting and lead management. This position will work closely with our Inside Sales teams. BDA’s will assist our Inside Sales Team by qualifying paid leads and ushering them into the sales Pipeline. This role will act as a liaison between our marketing and sales teams. You will work to make contact with interested leads that originate via our marketing efforts. Once the lead is qualified, you’ll work with our sales professionals to deliver quotes, overcome objections and close opportunities.
- Generating appointments and quotes by means of proactive outbound prospecting and lead activity management in an effort to qualify and market our solutions to potential customers.
- Working directly with marketing to discover opportunities from leads, and set appointments from those leads for the sales team.
- Use of strong selling and influencing skills to set up qualified appointments.
- Consistent use of sales approach and techniques based on customer need, product or service solutions.
- Logging, tracking and maintaining of activity within our CRM system, Salesforce.
- Attending daily sales meetings and working with other departments as necessary.
Our current target market is the event marketing world where the ability to create and maintain high-level client relationships is paramount. We strive to provide the best customer service experience in any market or product category (remember, world-class!), therefore working before/after normal work hours from home is often expected (at least we’re honest!).
What you need:
- Cover letter, creatively and uniquely qualifying yourself for the role.
- A Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, advertising or a related field required
- Strong phone, written and face-to-face customer communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and shift work efforts based on the needs of the department or business goals
- Strong computer skills, including use of standard MS Office applications; knowledge of Salesforce.com a plus
- Ability to manage time effectively, work independently and be self-motivated.
- The ability to work before/after typical office hours as work may demand
- The ability to regularly use good judgment and discretion to make educated decisions for the greater good of the company (you won't be babysat and you are empowered to "do" rather than ''ask")
- Enthusiasm and ideas. We continue to grow because our people are bigger, faster, stronger and smarter than our competitors. A+ people only.
What we'll give you:
- All of the training and ongoing support you could ever ask for.
- A paycheck every 2 weeks, with the opportunity for additional commissions.
- A flexible work schedule. Work/life balance is important to us, and we encourage you to be active outside the office!
- A fun group of coworkers who want nothing more than to see you succeed and will stop at nothing to ensure that you do.
- Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k with company match and more.
We began as a start-up company within a large organization and have experienced rapid and sustainable growth by hiring A+ people who are committed to the continued growth and success of this company. We offer a tremendous work environment, great leadership and all the help you could ever ask for. We aren’t interested in job-hoppers or anybody looking to dip their toes in the water. We want people ready to jump in the deep end and help us continue to gain market share from our competitors, introduce new products and become an even better turn-key vendor for our clients than we currently are. Our goal is for this to be the best job you’ve ever had.
TentCraft, Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, genetic information, disability, or any other characteristics as protected by federal, state or local law.