Software Engineer, Storage Specialist
Engineering | Burlingame, CA
Excited to solve massive real world problems and work with top-notch engineering colleagues? Pumped to make a difference for big-name retailers and tackle a multi-million dollar opportunity? Love building scalable, robust data storage solutions? Want to work on something that will impact your friends and family when they’re shopping for products online? Come join us!
We’re a team of outstanding individuals solving some of the world’s toughest technical challenges. We handle tens of thousands of requests per second under strict latency guarantees on behalf of millions of users and build predictive models that evaluate hundreds of thousands of features in milliseconds. We’re looking for experienced storage engineers who want to help build the backbone of our entire system -- a robust, scalable storage system that handles crushing load with lightening fast response times. At TellApart, your work will definitely have an impact on both the company and the world!
- Design, implement, release, and monitor scalable, reliable storage systems
- Architect and deploy schemas that support massive distributed systems
- Evaluate and deploy competing third-party open-source solutions (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB)
- Triage and quickly resolve system issues including sub-par performance
- Serve as local expert on storage configuration and infrastructure issues
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field. M.S. or Ph.D. a plus
- Experience designing and implementing large scale storage solutions in a distributed environment
- Rock solid understanding both SQL and NoSQL databases
- Expert-level proficiency in at least one of: Java, Python, C++.
- Good understanding of web technologies and familiarity with Unix/Linux. Experience in distributed systems and backend development.
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Relentlessly resourceful and scrappy; you thrive in an early stage environment