Web Application Developer
Information Technology | Toronto, ON, Canada | Full Time
Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
Teknion is currently hiring a full-time Web Application Developer. The successful candidate will be a member of the IT Application Development team (here in referred to as The Developer).
The Developer is primarily a technical resource responsible for developing new application solutions and supporting existing applications during their lifetime. The Developer is expected to have strong technical skills as well as good communication and interpersonal skills and will work well within a team.
The Developer will report to the Director, Business Applications (here in referred to as the Director) and will work directly with the Manager, Business Applications (here in referred to as the Manager).
The Developer will follow the established development standards and frameworks with in the team and also be responsible to keep these standards and frameworks current with approvals from the Manager
Roles & Responsibilities
- Development of quality web-based business applications within the specified timeframe, exemplifying good coding practice based on industry coding standards and best practices
- Evaluating and analysing requirements and estimating work effort
- Ensuring integral development documentation (Requirements, Functional & Technical Design, Test Cases, Use Cases, etc.) following the established project documentation strategy
- Ensuring excellent unit testing and mitigating any code issues
- Successfully deploying solutions to QA and production environments ensuring proper documentation is in place and the repository is kept current
- Supporting and maintaining existing applications
- Aiding the Manager to evaluate the priorities and technical implications of requests presented to the group
- Working collaboratively with other team members,
- Provide tier-2 support to Incidents raised as part of the Service Desk procedures.
- Ability to multi-task
- Keep up to date with relevant web technologies & frameworks
Education & Experience
- Software Development Diploma or similar program from an established & recognised institution
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills. Highly self motivated and directed and keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience in the IT Development industry
- Proficient in current web standards & frameworks including HTML 5, CSS 3, Bootstrap JQuery, PHP Frameworks, Ruby on Rails, REST APIs
- Strong Development Skills in the following…
- Databases: MySQL, SQL Server, OpenEdge, other ODBC / JDBC supporting Databases,
- Application Platforms: Heroku, Google Cloud, AWS, Azure, Private Clouds
- Federated Identity Management using an Identity as a Service such as Okta, Ping, ADFS etc
- SAML 2.0
- Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows 2008, HP-UX, redhat Linux
- Web Servers: Apache, IIS
- Understanding of Design & Development in Workflow tools
- Additional Development Skills
- Workflow Development Tools
- Development experience for Tablet and Smart phones – Native & HTML Apps
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position
Why you should grow with us!
Company Paid benefits
Group RRSP plan
Excellent work environment and culture
Corporate perks and discounts year round