Social Media Manager
Corporate Marketing | Toronto, ON, Canada | Full Time
Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
The Social Media Manager is key member of the Digital Marketing Team and is responsible for creating marketing content—written, graphic, motion—and managing its distribution through various channels (social media, websites, apps, content management systems, marketing programs, etc). Drawing from cross-departmental designers, product managers, marketing resources, vendors, and key stakeholders, the Social Media Manager will have the broad responsibility to develop and sustain programs in support of Teknion’s brands, product introductions, and marketing infrastructure projects.
- Works with the Digital Team to execute daily Social Media efforts: scheduling, commenting, replying, follower research, etc.
- Manages marketing automation efforts: email marketing, drip campaigns, social listening, surveys, etc.
- Directs feedback to appropriate channels: web team, sales teams, stakeholders, triggers a maintenance process, schedules an update, etc.
- Lifecycle management of the corporation’s Sales and Marketing digital assets: posting to web and social media; tagging and categorization in the DAM; regular auditing of content with stakeholders; fetching, recommendation, and repurposing of content libraries.
- Content creation: social media posts—graphic and written, video editing, graphic design, file conversions, presentation building, and authoring web pages in the CMS.
- Champions the proper use of Teknion Brand Identity and U.I. across all marketing channels.
- Tabulates and creates presentation materials to communicate department metrics.
- Coordinate product launch efforts to support corporate marketing and design.
- Coordinate translation work as needed.
- Manage scheduling of meetings and resources to support new digital initiatives.
- Recommends a process change in the department’s process tables.
- College or University Degree in Digital Marketing, Web Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent
- Must have excellent written skills, including professional experience in Social Media writing
- Must have experience managing professional Social Media accounts
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Must have excellent computer skills, including Microsoft or Google Office Suites
- Experience with content management systems is an asset
- Experience with marketing automation is an asset
- Experience with copywriting is an asset
- Detail oriented with eye for typography and graphic standards
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Must have excellent time management and organizational skills
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position
Why you should grow with us!
Company Paid benefits
Group RRSP plan
Excellent work environment and culture
Corporate perks and discounts year round