Social Media Manager
Corporate Marketing | Toronto, ON, Canada | Full Time
Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
Teknion is currently hiring a full-time Social Media Manager for our North York, ON head office. The Social Media Manager is key member of the Digital Corporate Marketing Team and is responsible for creating marketing content—written and visual—and managing its distribution through various channels (social media, web, email, print, etc). Drawing from asset repositories, designers, product managers, marketing teams, vendors, and key stakeholders, the Social Media Manager will have the broad responsibility to develop and sustain campaigns in support Teknion’s family of brands, product introductions, and digital infrastructure projects.
- Content creation: social media posts—graphic and written, video editing, graphic design, file conversions, presentation building, and authoring web pages in the CMS.
- Champions the proper use of Teknion Brand Identity and U.I. across all marketing channels.
- Lifecycle management of the corporation’s Sales and Marketing digital assets: posting to web and social media; tagging and categorization in the DAM; regular auditing of content with stakeholders; fetching, recommendation, and repurposing of content libraries.
- Tabulates and creates presentation materials to communicate department metrics.
- Assess and correct the accuracy and consistency in the phrasing of all product information and marketing communications provided. Recommend additional or edited text if required, to ensure accurate information is communicated in all published material.
- Works with the Digital Team to execute daily Social Media efforts: scheduling, commenting, replying, follower research, etc.
- Manages marketing automation efforts: email marketing, drip campaigns, social listening, surveys, etc.
- Directs feedback to appropriate channels: web team, sales teams and stakeholders, triggers a maintenance process, schedules an update, etc.
- Works with stakeholders to inform social media content direction and tone.
- Coordinate product launch efforts to support corporate marketing and design.
- Research, provide recommendations, and implement adoption of new social network functionalities.
- Coordinate translation work as needed.
- Manage scheduling of meetings and resources to support new digital initiatives.
- Post secondary education and 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Must have excellent written skills, including professional experience in Social Media writing
- Must have experience managing professional Social Media accounts
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Must have excellent computer skills, including Microsoft or Google Office Suites
- Detail oriented with eye for typography and graphic standards
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, take initiative and work well under time-sensitive deadlines
- Must be open and enthusiastic about learning new concepts and technologies
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position
Why you should grow with us!
Company Paid benefits
Group RRSP plan
Excellent work environment and culture
Corporate perks and discounts year round