Materials, Purchasing and Facilities | Concord, Canada | Full Time
Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
This position will engage in sourcing, negotiating and vendor development activities. This position will also take an active role in the development of the strategic direction of the Purchasing department.
- Execute projects under the direction of the Vice President of Materials, Purchasing and Facilities.
- Develop & manage supplier base to ensure consistent achievement of all performance requirements.
- Monitor supplier performance reporting, develop and implement improvement plans as necessary.
- Conduct & finalize supplier sourcing and negotiations including overseas vendors.
- Monitor & ensure adherence to project timelines.
- Develop contingency alternatives for all major commodities.
- Spearhead systems & culture that shall foster continuous cost & quality improvements among both internal & external vendors.
- Conduct external vendor systems audits. Develop & implement process improvements as necessary.
- Actively work towards supply base consolidation.
- Continuously source & develop supply alternatives including overseas opportunities.
- Actively work with Materials department to reduce lead times, inventory levels, order accuracy, etc.
- Assist with TFS’ Design & Engineering Departments during product development & engineering change process.
- Support the TFS Quality Department with vendor-related issues as necessary.
- College diploma or University Degree
- 5+ years purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong presentation skills and a high level of planning, organizational & implementation skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities & conflicting deadlines
- Well developed communication & analytical skills and good computer skills
- Thorough understanding of & approach to continuous improvement
- Experience with and understanding of PPAP, FMEA, Control Plan & Process Audits
- Understanding of ISO Quality Systems
- Team Oriented
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position
Why you should grow with us!
Company Paid benefits
Group RRSP plan
Excellent work environment and culture
Corporate perks and discounts year round