Human Resources | Toronto, ON, Canada | Full Time
Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
Teknion is hiring a full-time Senior Administrator for our North York, ON head office. The successful candidate will be accountable for compiling, maintaining and processing Human Resources related information, including but not limited to entering, maintaining and processing data. This will include maintenance and administration of the benefit policies and providing administrative support to the Senior Members of the team
1. Human Resources Administration
- Create and maintain all personnel record-keeping functions such as employee files and organizational charts.
- Create, modify, and supply orientation packages, Human Resources/Administrative forms and various reports as required.
- Verify, process and administer documentation related to various Human Resources activities such as service awards.
- Prepare new hire files
- Prepare employee employment verification letters.
- Prepare and distribute and track annual salary review letters, hourly CIR reports and payroll changes.
- Create and process purchase requisitions for departmental invoices.
- Assist where necessary with the Employment Equity program.
- Organize and communicate special events.
2. Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
- Ensure that all HRIS data is current, including personal changes, salary and organizational particulars, system maintenance and payroll downloads. All information in the HRIS system must be accurate and maintained confidential.
- Generate reports as required and/or requested for annual salary administration, organizational and departmental information.
3. Benefits Administration
- Ensure that all new employees are enrolled in the benefits programs on a timely basis.
- Liaise with the insurance company as needed to follow-up on specific issues.
- Audit and process monthly billing for our insurance coverage.
- Communicate Benefits to our employees. This position will help clarify benefit coverage for employees and assist them as needed in resolving any outstanding claims. The administrator will ensure all communication boards are kept up-to-date.
- Track and assist with Short Term and Long Term Disability claims.
4. Administrative Support to the Senior Member of the Team
- Coordinate training logistics for onsite training events.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports and charts as requested and distribute to respective groups. i.e. backlog report, delivery performance, Tekcare claims, corporate aspect charts, environmental metrics, etc..
- Preparing memos, emails, agendas, presentation slides and other materials for staff and business meetings or special events.
- Research, evaluate, assemble and summarize special projects and assignments as requested. This will involve consolidation of various pieces of information into reports and/or graphs.
- Composing letters, memos and announcements from verbal direction or from knowledge of organization policy or procedures.
- Coordinate business travel and hotel arrangements as required
- Address internal and external departmental inquiries/requests appropriately.
- A College diploma and/or equivalent experience in a field related to Human Resources
- Experience in Benefits Administration an asset
- 1 to 3 years experience in an administration role
- Knowledge of Human Resources practices and principles, and all applicable labour, pay, and benefits laws and regulations
- Ability to handle highest level of confidentiality with discretion
- Ability to multi-task and to prioritize with discretion
- Excellent communication, presentation, and human relations skills
- Good problem solving , analytical, and decision making skills
- Good planning, time management, and organization skills
- Working knowledge of HRIS systems
- Computer skills required include Microsoft Excel/Word/Powerpoint, Org Plus, PC Express, Visio, Project
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position
Why you should grow with us!
Company Paid benefits
Group RRSP plan
Excellent work environment and culture
Corporate perks and discounts year round