TFS Engineering (Panel Plant) | Toronto, ON, Canada | Full Time
Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
The Quality Engineer is accountable for applying, improving and driving company policies and practices in accordance to the ISO 9001 Quality System and Industry Best Practices. To achieve this, the incumbent ensures that quality processes are in accordance with company standards and that these activities ensure product conformity is in accordance with the control plan and are performed in a cost efficient manner.
This position is responsible for developing, maintaining, and continuously improving manufacturing’s ability to meet and exceed quality standards. In addition, the incumbent is accountable for interacting with various internal departments, internal and external suppliers to give technical support and guidance to meet the quality standards.
- Act as the primary contact to resolve quality concerns through Teknion’s Tekcare process.
- Promptly complete Quality Alerts, communicate (with sign-off) and train the production team with back up and/or non standard methods until permanent corrective actions are implemented.
- Lead and Drive Root Cause analysis meetings by using 8D, 5 Whys methodology both internally and at supplier locations as required, validate permanent corrective actions and document Lessons Learned.
- Implement, update and approve internal work instructions and data sheets on production lines ensuring all necessary inspections are included and that the related measuring equipment is available.
- Organize and perform gage R&R studies. Perform measurements and data collection on engineering samples, record SPC data and coordinate line trail data collection.
- Develop, prioritize, analyze and graph the data collected from the Quality Technicians highlighting top Quality issues per production line. Work on reducing Quality issues through Continuous Improvement.
- Complete weekly claims summary and ensure the quality indicators and targets are well tracked, documented and communicated.
- Utilize Statistical Process Controls where appropriate to monitor and improve the manufacturing process.
- Travel to job sites as required identifying and/or resolving quality issues. Ensure that all chargeable service work or purchased mock-ups are documented.
- Practical knowledge of ISO-9000, ISO14001 standards, PPAP, Control Plans, PFMEA and analytical tools.
- Responsible for initiating and evaluating Temporary Deviation Requests that are generated internally or externally when required.
- Develop and facilitate Quality Workshops and therefore master quality tools and techniques, train team members and support staff in appropriate quality reactiveness
- Support program launches through all phases, from product design to plant launch.
- Perform all other duties reasonable to the position as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
- University Degree in Engineering / or Certified Quality Engineer
- 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective decision making skills
- Strong sense of teamwork
- Good analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people from operators, to managers to designers and customers
- Knowledge of inspection instruments, gages and devices
- Good organization and prioritizing skills
- Driven by results, setting goals and meeting deadlines
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position
Why you should grow with us!
Company Paid benefits
Group RRSP plan
Excellent work environment and culture
Corporate perks and discounts year round