Information Technology | Toronto, ON, Canada | Full Time
Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
Teknion is currently hiring a full-time Programmer Analyst for our North York, ON head office. The Programmer Analyst is responsible for the delivery of requirements & analysis, design, programming, implementation, maintenance & support of applications & projects as a member of the IT Application Development team.
The Programmer / Analyst will work closely with Business and IT stakeholders to architect and build business applications by performing requirements analysis, design, development, documentation and optimization of business processes & projects as governed by the Teknion IT Project Management Office (PMO) and the IT Business Application team. In addition to project & maintenance programming responsibilities, the position will include ad hoc report creation, front-line user application support, application training, and maintenance of development / test / production environments.
The Programmer / Analyst will report to the Director, Business Applications. The Application Developer will work on day-to-day activities and development directly with the Manager Application Development under guidance from the Director, Business Applications
The applications are predominately designed for (but not limited to) Teknion Corporation (Global Reach). Some applications will integrate to International Teknion companies and interactions with parties’ external to Teknion.
Within this stakeholder framework, the role of Programmer / Analyst will research, develop, and implement solutions to business needs using technologies that provide Enterprise Application Integration, database connectivity, security, and web services.
Within the stakeholder framework / responsibilities noted above, provide the following:
- Analyze user requirements and/or design specifications from the BA to deliver optimal application code. Unit-Test developed applications. Make recommendations to optimize design and business processes.
- Work within the Teknion PMO framework on approved projects, adopting technologies (as directed by the IT strategy / framework) to support the business strategy.
- Using a “best of breed” and a “standards” based philosophy; provide technology solutions for business applications. Work within the I.T. strategy e.g. web centric architecture, service-oriented architecture, n-tiering.
- Work with the established software tools and processes to produce Business Application
- Solutions that are governed by the established development framework
- Develop applications that are modern and focus on open connectivity – internal and external to Teknion Limited
- Develop applications using established developmental frameworks – internal as well as external / open-source
- Work with technical stakeholders to prepare and maintain technical documentation that includes database structure, server and user access rights.
- Works with stakeholders to resolve problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Collaborate with the peers in regard to development – within team as well as other team members across the corporation and external to the corporation.
- Follow the established SLDC procedures within Teknion
- University degree or College diploma, preferably in Computer Science
- Mature, resourceful and responsible when working with customer-facing interfaces
- Curious, with a strong desire to learn and be innovative
- Effective team player; work collaboratively & independently with minimal supervision
- Adaptable; being able to balance and prioritize multiple assignments
- Good working knowledge of Business Application Development environments, Data Modelling, 4GL, SQL, N-Tier concepts, HTML, CSS
- Strong communication skills, including ability to deliver effective presentations
- 3+ years designing & developing with Business Applications
- Strong working knowledge in the OpenEdge suite of products (v10.x and above) from Progress Software including the OpenEdge Architect, ABL, Application Servers (Web & API)
- Good working knowledge of Web Application Development in HTML5 and CSS3 leveraging
- Server-side scripting tools – OpenEdge WebSpeed, PHP, Ruby on Rails, Python, Java
- Good working knowledge in design and development of a REST API Framework
- HP-UX, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Windows Servers
- Working knowledge in listed software is a bonus
- Loftware Labeling
- Planet Press – Document Template & Printing
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position
Why you should grow with us!
Company Paid benefits
Group RRSP plan
Excellent work environment and culture
Corporate perks and discounts year round