TFS Engineering (Panel Plant) | Toronto, ON, Canada | Full Time
Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
The Production Supervisor is accountable for supervising, co-ordinating, providing leadership to and reviewing the work of assigned personnel. This position is responsible for developing and implementing work methods, as well as applying departmental procedures in accordance with Teknion’s policies and standards.
- This position is responsible for planning the day-to-day departmental operations, as well as executing departmental schedules based on sales requirements and plant capacity.
- This incumbent is accountable for developing and implementing work methods, as well as authorizing overtime, and controlling costs.
- This incumbent is accountable for assigning, as well as checking work of designated staff.
- This position is responsible for overseeing employees in performance of work and provides guidance in the resolution of routine problems.
- The Production Supervisor is accountable for working with subordinates to insure that all quality standards are achieved, as well as control cost of production. To achieve this, the incumbent must insure all processes are efficient and in accordance with company standards.
- This position is responsible for communicating and reinforcing the adherence to safety programs. This incumbent is accountable for working in accordance with the law to promote a safe work environment for all employees. In addition, this position is responsible for insuring that suitable training, and the appropriate tools and equipment are available to employees enabling them to perform their work in a safe and efficient manner.
- This incumbent is accountable for promoting housekeeping and cleanliness in order to ensure compliance with health and safety regulations.
- The Production Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that all subordinate staff are treated with respect. This incumbent reinforces Teknion’s progressive discipline policy to correct behaviours that are unacceptable and harmful to employee’s and/or the organization.
- This incumbent is accountable for evaluating and recommending changes in methods and procedures in assigned area of responsibility.
- This position is responsible for acting as a liaison with other departments, or organizations.
- This incumbent is accountable for monitoring and managing departmental activities, as well as preparing reports concerning such activities.
- This position is responsible for estimating personnel needs and schedules, and assigning work to meet completion dates in accordance with schedules fixed by the Production Manager.
- This incumbent is accountable for familiarizing employees with established organizational policies, procedures and regulations, as well as assure adherence to departmental procedures.
- This position is responsible for interviewing and recommending candidates for employment.
- This incumbent is accountable for conducting performance evaluations and salary reviews for assigned personnel.
- College Diploma, University degree or comparable experience
- 5-8 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Good written/verbal communication skills as well as excellent leadership and decision making skills
- Good understanding of health and safety legislation and applicable standards
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Good understanding of product knowledge in the furniture industry an asset
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Must be able to work overtime and be computer literate
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position
Why you should grow with us!
Company Paid benefits
Group RRSP plan
Excellent work environment and culture
Corporate perks and discounts year round