Corporate Marketing | Toronto, ON, Canada | Full Time
Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
The Product Specifier and Applications Specialist is accountable for the preparation of accurate specifications, quotations and installation drawings for Teknion Casegoods products. Manage multiple projects with exceptional speed and accuracy.
- Create Teknion Casegoods quotations from generic floor plans using Specification software.
- Create 3 dimensional drawings using appropriate software (currently AutoCAD).
- Assist Sales Representatives with technical issues regarding layouts, electrical requirements, specials or structural concerns.
- Develop a full understanding of the unique features of Teknion's Private Office furniture portfolio, specifically the Wood product lines, to assist in providing space planning expertise
- Review special products with the Engineering and Product Management group to ensure such products are feasible and acceptable.
- Ensure floor plans and application of products meet client’s needs following formal approval process for drawings.
- Assist Sales with tender responses by interpreting product requirements and advising accordingly.
- Provide support to Customer Service Representatives with Dealer inquiries and in-house orders.
- Post secondary degree or diploma in Interior Design.
- 1-3 years of working experience in space planning or specification experience with furniture systems.
- Able to read engineering drawings for both architectural and electrical.
- Knowledge of building and electrical codes.
- Understanding of load and structural capacities for systems furniture.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills required.
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint AutoCAD, Project Spec, and or Cap 20/20, or Configura
- Strong understanding of 3D modelling and knowledge of Sketch Up, Revit, Key Shot and 3D Studio Max is an asset.
- Prepare 10 projects per month
- Request 10-20 specials per month
- Respond to 20 technical calls per month
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position
Why you should grow with us!
Company Paid benefits
Group RRSP plan
Excellent work environment and culture
Corporate perks and discounts year round