Product Specifier and Application Specialist
Corporate Marketing | Toronto, ON, Canada | Full Time
Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
The Product Specifier and Applications Specialist is accountable for the preparation of accurate detailed drawings, renders and specifications for Teknion Casegoods and Wood products. Manage multiple projects with exceptional speed and accuracy.
- Create 2D plans, elevations and 3D models of proposed product applications and layouts using the appropriate software (currently AutoCAD and SketupUp).
- Create drawings and renders to accurately communicate Teknion Private Office solutions for presentations, training and marketing materials.
- Assist Teknion Sales Representatives with project tender responses by interpreting product requirements, providing recommended layouts and offering expertise with regards to electrical requirements and cable management.
- Develop a full understanding of the unique features of Teknion's Private Office furniture portfolio, specifically the Wood product lines, to assist in providing space planning expertise.
- Post secondary degree or diploma in Interior Design or Architectural Technology.
- Experience with AutoCAD 3D modelling and rendering.
- Fundamental understanding or experience with Design Detailing Drawing Standards
- Ability to read architectural drawings and general knowledge of codes and design standards.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills required.
- Superior attention to detail, memory, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent computer skills, including AutoCAD, Microsoft programs, Adobe Acrobat, Project Spec and/or Cap 20/20 or Configura
- Knowledge of Sketch Up, Revit, Key Shot and 3D Studio Max is an asset.
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position
Why you should grow with us!
Company Paid benefits
Group RRSP plan
Excellent work environment and culture
Corporate perks and discounts year round