Pricing Support Specialist, Architectural Product
Architectural Products | Toronto, ON, Canada | Full Time
Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
Teknion is currently hiring a full-time Pricing Support Special, Architectural Product for our North York, ON head office. The successful candidate will be responsible for the timely and accurate calculation of pricing to support requests for specials.
- Calculates pricing for special requests based on
- information provided by Clients/Dealers,
- understanding of product application,
- drawings created by the specials design engineering,
- costs provided by suppliers (Including material, labour, setup, etc),
- understanding or specific knowledge of the manufacturing process and established markups provided by the finance department.
- Inputs pricing information into Price-It and inform Clients/Dealers when applicable.
- Support specifiers and /or project managers in the creation of pricing for non standard product
- Provide explanation and analysis of cost variances if applicable
- Establish and build on pricing procedures to ensure pricing for special are consistent and accurate
- Maintains integrity of pricing database and ensure that pricing for similar specials are consistent with each other and with the Price and Product Guide.
- Maintains current and accurate files to support the calculation of pricing.
- Continuously seeks new ways and utilizes new technologies to improve the accuracy of the pricing process and database integrity.
- Updates obsolete pricing as required to reflect increased supplier costs and Price and Product Guide updates.
- Ensures that product codes and descriptions used in special price requests are correct.
- Checks and audits pricing to ensure that information provided is accurate.
- Ensures that each price request, already having a completed engineering drawing within the drawing database, has an attached drawing number that is verified by the specials design engineering .
- Communicates with suppliers to obtain accurate and formal quotes.
- Negotiates with suppliers to ensure that quoted prices are fair and provide a reasonable opportunity for Teknion to make their profit margins.
- Reviews and compares quotes from existing suppliers to ensure no large cost discrepancies exist for similar material from one quote to another.
- Works with suppliers and purchasing dept to coordinate buying and delivery of product samples for testing/prototyping, as required by Engineering.
- Liaises with dealerships and other Teknion departments on pricing issues and answers questions as required with respect to the pricing of specials.
- Coordinate with clients/dealers for sample approval for non standard product. Including shipping and receiving control samples to provide Manufacturing/Quality.
- Degree/Diploma from an accredited Post Secondary Institution with a minimum of 2 years related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Technical background (eg. Technologist) or experience (eg. As an estimator in a manufacturing or architectural field)
- Strong knowledge of the working of PC, Excel and a word processing package.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and manufacturing BOMs
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple objectives.
- Proficient in calculating values based on a standard set of inputs
- Proficient in estimating costs based on a non-standard set of inputs
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to negotiate
- Ability to make presentations
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position
Why you should grow with us!
Company Paid benefits
Group RRSP plan
Excellent work environment and culture
Corporate perks and discounts year round