Manager Workplace Strategy
Sales Effectiveness | Canada or US location | Full Time
Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
Facilitator, instructor and knowledge communicator who supports Teknion Sales by conducting workplace strategy engagement with customers, delivering sales learning, and developing/communicating workplace expertise.
- Directly support sales organization via workplace strategy engagements with key customers on topics including visioning, co-design, change planning., etc.
- Strategize and participate in key customer planning and sales pursuit
- Maintain subject expertise on workplace issues, help develop and communicate a point of view on workplace trends and data.
- Develop and apply advanced sales processes and tools
- Develop and deliver training to improve sales performance among internal sales and dealer sales team members, including product knowledge, presentation skills, and specification expertise.
- Confer with managers, supervisors, and employees to determine development and learning needs from new hire through experienced sales leadership.
- Support the regional sales teams in client education
- Research and recommend outside consultants and/or internal trainers to conduct training in specific topics.
- Acquires and applies new learning/training methods and technologies.
- Selects appropriate instructional procedures or methods such as individual training, group instruction, self study, lectures, demonstrations, simulation exercises, role play, and computer-based training.
- Help organize and develop training manuals, reference library, testing and evaluation procedures, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with managers across the organization
- Manage administrative aspects of role
- Prompt, reliable and regular attendance.
- 6+ years in high performance sales role
- 3+ years related training and facilitation experience
- Passion for applied workplace strategies
- Passion for sales education methodologies
- Understanding of adult learning principles and instructional design
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated creative problem solving ability
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
- Ability to travel as required, 40+%
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position
Why you should grow with us!
Company Paid benefits
Group RRSP plan
Excellent work environment and culture
Corporate perks and discounts year round