Maintenance Mechanic - Night Shift
Materials, Purchasing and Facilities | Woodbridge, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
Teknion is hiring a Maintenance Mechanic for our night shift to ensure that all equipment is functioning as required.
- Perform a “walk” upon arrival. Ensure that all equipment is functioning as required.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair all machinery at designated location including but not limited to CNC machines, Paintline, Brake Presses, Punch Presses, and Conveyors. This involves the use of manual and powered hand tools.
- Preventative Maintenance performed according to schedule. Primary responsibility for all machinery at designated location.
- Machinery redesign/modifications and/or process improvement to include but not limited to fixtures, assembly jigs, carts, gauges, and guarding.
- Minor electrical troubleshooting including, but not limited to, motors and fuses.
- Abide by OHSA regulations and Teknion policy and procedures pertaining to Lock Out/Tag out, completing work orders, etc. Advise Management of actions taken.
- Provide back up to other mechanics and locations on an as needed basis.
- Verify machinery and equipment is shut down at end of shift.
- Maintains safe and clean Maintenance area.
- Maintains stock of commonly used spare parts.
- Ability to read drawings and/or models.
- Basic Programmable Logic Controller knowledge
- Basic electrical theory and troubleshooting skills
- Mathematical skills
- Basic knowledge of Ontario Electrical Safety Code, OHSA, TSSA, and WHMIS.
- Licensed to operate scissor lift and forklift.
- Ability to operate manual and power hand tools including levels, compressors, drills, sanders etc.
- Ability to read a tape measure, feeler gage, callipers, and other measuring tools
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes to include but not limited to CNC, Brake Press, Welding, Paintline, and assembly fixtures.
- Knowledge of all machine functions and capabilities
- Manual dexterity, mechanical aptitude, and positive attitude
- Industrial Mechanic diploma or comparable
- Good communication skills, works well with others and is able to work with little or no supervision. Works well under pressure and is able to multitask.
- Knowledge of pneumatic applications and power transmission equipment.
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position
Why you should grow with us!
Company Paid benefits
Group RRSP plan
Excellent work environment and culture
Corporate perks and discounts year round