Maintenance Mechanic - Afternoon Shift
Materials, Purchasing and Facilities | Toronto, ON, Canada | Full Time
Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
Teknion is hiring a Maintenance Mechanic for our afternoon shift to ensure that all equipment is functioning as required.
- Perform a “walk” upon arrival and ensure that all equipment is functioning as required.
- Create, document & input programs, program changes and troubleshoot for machines.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair all machinery at designated locations. This involves the use of manual or powered hand tools machining equipment.
- Refurbish electronic control board; troubleshoot, repair, replace and perform preventative maintenance for all electrical equipment including switches, relays, control systems, sensors etc. using various tools including soldering guns, scopemeter, megometer, multimeter etc.
- Responsible for the operation of robots in the plant. Reprogram robots approximately 5-6 times per shift for welding changes.
- Provide training for machine operators on how to change to pre-set programs, document changes and updates, utilizing various software if required.
- Machinery redesign/modifications and/or process improvement to include but not limited to fixtures, assembly jigs, carts, gauges, and guarding.
- Conduct preventative maintenance according to schedule. Primary responsibility for all robotic, electrical and PLC systems and equipment. Act as a backup for mechanical.
- Abide by OHSA regulations and Teknion policy and procedures pertaining to Lock Out/Tag out, completing work orders, etc. Advise Management of actions taken.
- Verify machinery and equipment is shut down at end of shift.
- Maintains safe and clean Maintenance area.
- Maintains stock of commonly used spare parts.
- Flexible to work on day, afternoon, and night shift.
- Programmable Logic Controller – formal training.
- Robotic Systems – formal training.
- Extensive hands on experience with PLCs, robotics and electrical systems.
- Ability to read CAD drawings.
- Mathematical skills.
- Licensed to operate scissor lift and forklift.
- Strong knowledge of Ontario Electrical Safety Code, OHSA, TSSA, and WHMIS.
- Ability to operate manual and power hand tools machining equipment.
- Ability to read from tape measure, measuring tools and gauges.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes to include but not limited to CNC, Brake Press, Welding, Paint line, Upholstery Equipment and assembly fixtures.
- Knowledgeable to use grinders, welding equipment, impact guns, etc.
- Knowledge of all machine functions and capabilities.
- Manual dexterity, mechanical aptitude, and positive attitude.
- Industrial Mechanic diploma or comparable.
- Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) license.
- Good communication skills, works well with others and are able to work with little or no supervision. Works well under pressure and is able to multitask.
- Knowledge of pneumatic applications and power transmission equipment.
- Certified First Aid, would be an asset.
- Solid health and safety knowledge.
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position
Why you should grow with us!
Company Paid benefits
Group RRSP plan
Excellent work environment and culture
Corporate perks and discounts year round