Human Resources Business Partner
Human Resources | Concord, Canada | Part Time
Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
Teknion is hiring a part-time Human Resources Business Partner for our North York, ON office.
The HRBP is accountable for providing guidance and direction to both management and employees of their client group or facility to ensure that programs and practices are in place that support company objectives, are cost effective and in compliance with all workplace legislation. This will be accomplished through the alignment of Human Resources strategies with Teknion business plans.
- The Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for the development of a workforce planning strategy which aligns workforce needs to current and future talent requirements. This strategy will encompass competency development, career development and succession planning initiatives.
- The incumbent is responsible for measuring and assessing organizational culture through the implementation of an assessment model and profile. To achieve this, the incumbent will design and develop evaluation measures that analyze effectiveness as it relates to organization and people performance.
- This position is accountable for ensuring that performance gaps of employees are identified through assessment models. This is accomplished by obtaining and analyzing data from various areas (any of or all of techniques such as interviews, questionnaires, group problem analysis, records, reports, job analyses and performance reviews). Through this analysis targeted talent solutions will be implemented coupled with new leadership development strategies.
- The incumbent is responsible for the implementation of the overall recruitment and on boarding process including the use of “Best Practices” latest recruitment technology.
- The Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for developing and monitoring employee engagement initiatives. To achieve this, the incumbent must design and develop evaluation measures and surveys that provide a roadmap for change.
- The Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for implementing an employee relations strategy which provides a framework for identifying and resolving employee relations and workplace conflict problems. This strategy will focus on education as well as providing corrective action tools.
- The Human Resources Business Partner is accountable to maintain and monitor health and safety programs through the review of EH&S standards and the coordination of all required training programs (WHMIS, CPR/First Aid, Forklift training etc).
- The Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for the development of training programs that ensure job performance requirements are met for internal employees and external stakeholders. To achieve this, the incumbent must elaborate competencies such as performance objectives and develop activities and exercises required to accomplish these objectives.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and human relations skills allowing to deal with sensitive and confidential employee matters;
- Exposure to HR best practices, Organizational Change, Change Management, Performance Effectiveness, Training & Development
- Strong business acumen to align both business objectives and HR strategies with corporate goals to maximize shareholder value
- Strong diagnostic skills followed by good ability to evaluate options/alternatives and develop solutions/recommendations for solutions to complex and multi-dimensional problems/issues.
- Strong project management skills and effective execution skills to ensure successful delivery/implementation of special initiatives, products, processes and policies
- Demonstrated initiative and flexibility; acts proactively in identifying and capitalizing on opportunities.
- Adept at building and managing relationships effectively and be able to gain the confidence of business leaders quickly
- A University degree/College diploma and/or equivalent experience in a field related to Human Resources Management.
- Five to eight years experience in Human Resources in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of Human Resources practices and principles, as well as all applicable labour, human rights, and health and safety legislation.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint, as well as HRIS software knowledge.
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position
Why you should grow with us!
Company Paid benefits
Group RRSP plan
Excellent work environment and culture
Corporate perks and discounts year round