Customer Service Technician
TFS Engineering (Panel Plant) | Toronto, ON, Canada | Full Time
Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
The Customer Service Technician is accountable for providing prompt and courteous service to Teknion Dealers, Customer Service, Sales Representatives and Plant Manufacturing Operations staff. The incumbent is responsible for receiving and following through on customer complaints. This position will act as a liaison between various internal departments and facilities. In addition, this incumbent is accountable for maintaining appropriate records and preparing required reports.
The position is responsible for the following:
- Responsible for effectively resolving customer and manufacturing identified issues utilizing effective problem solving techniques, through direct interaction with both Teknion’s internal and external customers.
- Act as primary customer contact regarding all projects, issues, mock-up requests or quality concerns.
- Liaise with other departments and divisions in order to ensure issues are resolved in an efficient and effective manner.
- Respond to inquiries related to the repair and/or replacement of all Teknion products.
- Determine proper course of action with respect to defective product in accordance with Teknion’s guidelines.
- Provide prompt and courteous responses to Teknion Dealers, Customer Service, Sales Representatives and Plant Manufacturing Operations staff.
- Monitor general trends of product service concerns and report findings to Engineering, QA, Customer Service and Production Management verbally or in writing. Gather feedback and provide status reports on customer concerns.
- Identify and recognize possible future issues with respect to the long term reliability of Teknion products. Initiate ideas that will result in the elimination of future service problems.
- Report on any large pending service/warranty repairs so as to determine the most cost-effective course of action.
- Ensure that all chargeable service work or purchased mock-ups are documented and a P.O.# is acquired from the Dealer/Customer.
- Travel to job sites as required to identify and/or resolve quality issues
- Serve as a backup to plant quality auditor
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
- 2-3 years Customer interface experience in a hands on Quality related role in a manufacturing environment
- University Degree or 3 yr College Technology Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- The ability to generate reports using Excel gathering a variety of data sources
- Ability to graph data and interpret data for reporting purposes
- Ability to identify trends by product or part and report them accordingly
- Understanding of Quality related systems and documentation
- Understanding of Solidworks and Autocad
- Knowledge of pivot table in Excel is an asset
- Ability to problem solve and participate in problem solving activities
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Fundamental understanding of CAD drawings & models and BOM’s.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced deadline oriented environment.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office or Google products.
- Must be able to travel to different job sites
- Knowledge of 5 why, 8D, Fishbone Diagrams & SPC would be beneficial
- Ability to develop an understanding of the Applicable Manufacturing Processes and systems
- Desire to grow in this role and progress into more technical roles in either Product or Manufacturing Engineering
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position
Why you should grow with us!
Company Paid benefits
Group RRSP plan
Excellent work environment and culture
Corporate perks and discounts year round