Customer Order Analyst
Order Fulfillment | Toronto, ON, Canada | Full Time
Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
Teknion is currently hiring a full-time Customer Order Analyst for our North York, ON head office. The Customer Order Analyst is responsible for the update and maintenance of the Order Entry and PB-TOPS applications. In addition, the incumbent will act as the back up to the Supervisor, Order Entry.
This position requires significant people skills and a strong analytical process and technology background.
- Responsible for the day to day operation of TOPS (Teknion Order Processing System), including trouble shooting, maintenance of data and support.
- Responsible for the update and maintenance of the product catalog (PB-TOPS) database – used to verify product codes on order lines.
- Responsible for the code verification and testing flow-through from the Product Management databases to PB-TOPS database and BaaN, particularly during the new product launches
- Responsible for the update and maintenance of TekniOnline and StudiOnline.
- Creating specific custom reports as needed, using data stored in existing databases – PB-TOPS, TOPS etc.
- Responsible for the planning of user acceptance testing including such activities as: planning the testing cycle, writing test cases, defining data requirements to support the test cases, entering and tracking defects and re-testing the defect corrections.
- Perform post-implementation testing to ensure the solution is acceptable in the production environment.
- Analyse and document existing business processes and applications, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Participate in business process re-engineering studies as assigned, in support of business objectives.
- Responsible for entering orders in TOPS when required.
- University Degree / Community College Diploma
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate – medium to advanced Excel is prefered
- Experience with order specification software such as 2020/CAP, Project Matrix, Giza etc
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Understanding of process mapping and design
- Very detail oriented
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work on several tasks simultaneously
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position
Why you should grow with us!
Company Paid benefits
Group RRSP plan
Excellent work environment and culture
Corporate perks and discounts year round