Materials, Purchasing and Facilities | Canada or US location | Full Time
Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
Teknion is currently hiring a full-time CNC Programmer for our Tekform plant in North York, ON. The Programmer is accountable for producing production drawings/ models as well as CNC machine code to accurately reflect product specifications. The CAD Designer is responsible for providing day-to-day technical support to production operators. Beside the main task of creating CNC programs and models for manufacturing, responsibilities will include but not limited to preparation of BOM, Routings, for production parts and components, designing tools, jigs and fixtures for use in manufacturing processes.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate creation of engineering drawings and CNC machine code based on supplied drawings and descriptions. These changes could be a result of Engineering Change Requests, new product engineering projects or custom requests/ special orders.
- Work with production operators and Manufacturing Engineering to investigate design issues or implement new products or machining processes. He/she is also responsible for responding to technical concerns and ensuring execution of corrective action.
- Support the pricing of component parts. Create Bill of Materials, Using BOM prepare cost and material estimates, and reports.
- Support the quality investigation of machining and engineering issues.
- Responsible for producing feature reduced 3D models of new products for the Corporate Data Management Group (specification symbols).
- Responsible for creating training materials and illustrations required to build quality products.
- Responsible for performing other duties as assigned by his/her immediate supervisor and/or Senior Management.
- Develop and prepare engineering designs and drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets and other data.
- Design tools, jigs and fixtures for use in wood working manufacturing processes.
- Respond quickly to the shop floor’s needs in response to addressing issues that may surface during production regarding the manufacturing specifications, Bill of Material, or routings.
- Participate in cross-functional, continuous improvement teams as the opportunity presents itself.
- Ability to read and understand CAD drawings
- Mathematical skills – min grade 12
- Machining process knowledge
Strong Requirements (in addition to minimum requirements)
- Machine language knowledge (G, M codes)
- General machining tooling knowledge/familiarity
- A CAM Software knowledge at least familiarity
- Exposure to engineered wood based product processing
- General knowledge about generic database structure and concept
- Understanding of application of mathematical logic with variables
- Exposure to a nesting software
- Minimum College Graduate
Optimum Requirements (in addition to strong requirements)
- IMOS Programming
- Wood Industry product and material Knowledge
- Able to trace system problems
- Knowledge on tooling database management in a system
- Familiar with nesting concept
Others Qualifications May Help
- Diploma or a degree in engineering design and drafting technology, mechanical engineering, woodworking or a related field.
- Experience supporting mechanical products and assemblies in a fast paced environment.
- Familiarity with IMOS, AutoCAD, Solidworks, Mastercam, bSolid, Woodwop, Fanuc Control System.
- Manufacturing oriented environment with MRP/ERP business systems, exposure to 2020/Insight is a plus.
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position
Why you should grow with us!
Company Paid benefits
Group RRSP plan
Excellent work environment and culture
Corporate perks and discounts year round