Corporate Marketing | Toronto, ON, Canada | Full Time
About Us:Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
Overview:Teknion is currently hiring a full-time CAD Manager for our North York, ON head office. The successful candidate will manage symbols, installation guides, Revit and Sketchup creation projects to support Teknion’s product launches. In this position, you will create, maintain and manage the implementation of Teknion standards on AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp assets. The successful candidate will also manage relationships and act as liaison between Teknion and third-party vendors.
- Plan, track and report progress on the creation of installation guides, symbols and Revit assets.
- Assist Sales team by supporting the Revit rapid response process.
- Review Engineering Change Orders (ECRs), determine impact on existing installation guides and modify accordingly.
- Develop and manage the implementation of corporate standards across Teknion catalogues.
- Train other facilities (Malaysia, R&B and Solutions) on corporate standards.
- Schedule and facilitate meetings with software partners and internal testing teams.
- Ensure meetings are well documented and actions are communicated clearly.
- Report, track and resolve open issues.
- Manage drawings from all facilities and distribute them to software partners.
- Investigate, resolve and respond to customer concerns, symbols, installation guides and software issues.
- Explore, review and implement improvements to existing processes.
- Interview, evaluate and train new hires.
- University degree in Engineering.
- 3+ years of relevant project management experience.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, SolidWorks and Revit.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint and cloud-based data management and workflow tools (Google Drive, Box, etc.)
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and time management skills.
- Thrives under pressure and able to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing).
- People and project leader.
- Experience in the furniture industry is an asset.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position
Why you should grow with us!
Company Paid benefits
Group RRSP plan
Excellent work environment and culture
Corporate perks and discounts year round